What clutch?

Quattro Singh

Reaction score
Hi the clutch in my car has started to slip (well i'm guessing its that) when in forth and i plant my foot down at around the 4k revs it starts to slip. My question is what clutch should i go for (STANDARD or AFTERMARKET) and is it worth replacing anything else while the gearbox is off? the car is only a stage 1 revo remap on a BAM S3.

Thanks all,

Hardeep.

It's totally up to you with what clutch you go for but it all depends on how much you have to play with and where you want your car to end up power wise.

LUK/Sachs clutches can start at around £150ish just for the clutch but then depending on how old your dual mass flywheel is then it maybe worth replacing as well...

Then there is the option to change to a single mass flywheel- but you do lose the OEM feel (not that there is much feel of the clutch with a DMF IMO)

Like I said - it's totally up to you and depends on your budget and where you want the car to end up power wise. There have been numerous threads started in the past few weeks about S3 clutches- so my advice would be to use the search bar as just about every question possible has been asked about changing/upgrading and buying them! lol

Hi mate. If your stating stage 1 then standard clutch is fine. If your like me, wanting more power then id go for the TufftyClutch which Is a Sachs 4 paddle clutch with std pressure plate and flywheel. But the oem clutch is fine up to 300bhp tbh (depending on the way you drive)

I've just bought a stage 1 Sachs carbon kevlar clutch and dmf.

bump really need to get this sorted before it gets worse.

does anyone know what make the standard clutch is? and if the same clutch can be bought from euro's or GSF

Thanks.

Pretty sure LUK is the standard clutch and yes you can buy it from Euro car parts....they usually have some sort of discount on them as well.

I just got my clutch changed as the slave cylinder went so figured get it done while that was getting replaced, they put in the LUK clutch and flywheel kit and i got the old parts off the garage to see what the wear on it all was like and they were all LUK parts that came out and they had an audi part number stamped on them.

LUK is the supplier of OEM clutch equipment for Audi.

You can get the exact same kit from Euro Car Parts at a fraction of the price from Audi. The only difference is that they wont have an Audi stamp on them.