Booked in at bills (Badger 5) for a custom remap 4th may :) can't wait

dre_S3

Reaction score
Well the time has come had the car for 15 months now and I have spent a lot MONEY, time, sweat and blood getting it the way it is now :) so all booked in for the 4th of May with Bill to work his magic :yes:

Last time I took my car to Bills to get my coil pack harness fitted and had it on the rolling road to see how the car was running I made 211 bhp which I was very happy with the car as its still on a standard map and 12 years old, since then I have a few more mods including a FMIC and a 3" DP and sports cat so be nice to see the difference with these mods.

roll on may

dre :s3addict:

Could I just recomend a few basic checks from yourself before you go to Bills?

Check your Driveshaft Gaiters are not worn or split, nobody likes Greasy Rollers :)

Check your Boost pipes and vac hoses for splits etc this will affect the overall power and running of the car.

Finally 256 / 260 :)

Everything is near on new on my car so hoping for no boost leaks :) all I'm going to do next is put some colder plugs in, check for fault codes and give the car an oil and filter change a few days before I go to Bills

The time has come going up to Bills in the morning :) changed the oil and filter also put some colder plugs in the other day everything seems good to go, just checked for faults and all good there to so just hope it all goes well

HOW has nobody already said this yet?

MAY THE FORTH BE BE WITH YOU DRE!

Reactions: phil miller and dre_S3
Smoke test done all ok, and first run on standard 210 map It made 219bhp :) time to map her be back soon

Reactions: s3dave
AND....................................?

I bet he is out draining a tank of fuel :racer:

lol just got back from a 2 hour drive and i still had to take it to the countrys roads near me really give it a test :racer: love it the boost holds well through the gears and the car feels alive :) the most Bill could squeeze out was 260 bhp and about 275 lbft Bill said his rollers reads the torque 16% lower so worked out around that. I did expect a bit more but Bill said my wastegate is most proberly the problem and that the turbo is also old now but im happy with the way it feels and drives and he done a great job as usual and he has put a great map on my car as you will see below.
I have thought about a hybrid in the future with some rods and manifold but that wont be for awhile

DSC00091_zpsb9ecad90.jpg

DSC00092_zpsce08a097.jpg

dre

Reactions: RS3_Simon and vrbob
Thats a good result though with your supporting mods. Not to mention people get hung up on peak fgures but as long as you have a good curve and your happy with it then you on a winner mate!! Great news!!

Reactions: dre_S3
That's it mate the car pulls well all the way through and feels so much better and I'm more then happy :)

Reactions: thegoal007
haha, I knew you were out smashing it around the place.

260 is a good number, seems to be the common figure. Hope you enjoy it and start saving for the hybrid :laugh:

haha, I knew you were out smashing it around the place.

260 is a good number, seems to be the common figure. Hope you enjoy it and start saving for the hybrid :laugh:

yeah mate I'm at home and I feel like taking it out again lol
I will be happy with this at the mo as it is my family car to, but I have an other project I have been working on and I'm thinking of wacking a s3 lump In my clio williams or maybe turbo on the 2.0lt lump in there not sure yet, should be fun

yeah mate I'm at home and I feel like taking it out again lol
I will be happy with this at the mo as it is my family car to, but I have an other project I have been working on and I'm thinking of wacking a s3 lump In my clio williams or maybe turbo on the 2.0lt lump in there not sure yet, should be fun

From 18psi as well. That's pretty good.

Reactions: phil miller
I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat when I had mine done! Even now when the savegery kicks in, it still puts a grin on my face and I love the POWERRR!!!! Mwahahahah!

Good work Dre, you've done a cracking job with the mule and your perfectionist attention to detail is great.

Reactions: dre_S3
another example of same cars, but different wear and tear on them and their differing outputs...

Both S3's.. Std k04's, stage 2+ with relentless mani's downpipes, fmic 80mm TIPs etc...

554921_350910948360330_397698201_n.jpg

Reactions: RS3_Simon