going to the dark side!

Dangerous

Reaction score
Well after the odd post and discussion here and there I've decided not to do any more to my tqs (no time tbh) and buy an 8p s3 instead. Therefore Nyone interested in low mileage remapped car take a look in classifieds or try and talk me out of it.

Cheers guys!
Is it the right thing to do?

It's entirely your choice. My mate has got an 8p s3 and they're nice cars and remap to over 300 but I prefer the shape of the 8L and always will.

I think I agree but the speed and SPEC is fantastic. Not convinced yet. Driving S3 tomorrow :-D

Darkside?

I thought you was going on about a BMW:puke2:

Good choice mate, get some pics up when you get it. What you planning to do to it?

You're right jojo, but after owning and loving 2 tqs' I feel I'm betraying the 8L's. However, can't wait!

Maybe remap but will just enjoy bog standard first. Haven't looked into any 8P stuff yet.

yeah yeah, thats what everyone on the 8l section said when they first got the audi!

I dont think theres a standard car on here any more haha

I'm quite a fan of the later 8Ps. Can't imagine getting rid of my 8L any time soon though.

i think you like the 8P's mate they are smooth and they are quick and tuneable "almost" to the same standard as the 8L S3's i did the switch after some unfortunate circumstances... and its not bad depending which 8P is it 8P2 or 8P3 ? neway you can always convert the front end ... it seems to be the only topic on the 8P side

however if you end up getting the 8P S3 hit me up and i can help you get the right parts you want ;)

im so evil lol...just as bad as the forum at getting u to spend $$

not to mention if u just upgeade the fuel pump full DP cat and cat back , and a CAI u can easily easily on a stage two get 380 400-bhp, S3 2.0TFSI will handle up too or near 500hp at the crank so its not bad at all really unlike the 1.8T's as lovely as they are

i think you like the 8P's mate they are smooth and they are quick and tuneable "almost" to the same standard as the 8L S3's i did the switch after some unfortunate circumstances... and its not bad depending which 8P is it 8P2 or 8P3 ? neway you can always convert the front end ... it seems to be the only topic on the 8P side

however if you end up getting the 8P S3 hit me up and i can help you get the right parts you want ;)

im so evil lol...just as bad as the forum at getting u to spend $$

not to mention if u just upgeade the fuel pump full DP cat and cat back , and a CAI u can easily easily on a stage two get 380 400-bhp, S3 2.0TFSI will handle up too or near 500hp at the crank so its not bad at all really unlike the 1.8T's as lovely as they are

Your even convincing me now. I would use my 1.8T for weekend and and s3 for a daily :blackrs4:

Wish! Haven't driven it yet. 2 or 3? No idea, its a 57 plate black edition, fully loaded. :-D