PD's A3 - Build thread

PDBoosted

Reaction score
Hi guys my name is PD and I'm from South Africa,

I recently joined your forum and I thought I'd share my pride and joy.

I've owned my car a little over a year and a half and have slowly modified it to where it is now, but I still have many more planned mods. I thought I'd update this thread in the stages I performed mods to where it is now.

Please feel free to comment! And enjoy!

When I got her she came with 126 000 km with full service history and some minor mods including:
-Colour coded bumpers
-S4 avus Rims
-lowered springs
-2.5" downpipe and exhaust

I immediately installed an uprated dumpvalve (forge replica) and fitted a k&n flat panel filter.

When I got her:
16092011563.jpg

16092011564.jpg

16092011567.jpg

Installed head unit (trim surround came later):
12102011830.jpg

6000k xenon's in the main beams and fogs:
28102011944.jpg

At this stage I started preparing for stage 2 software

Forge TIP installed (what a mission!):
230120121216.jpg

Sprayed and carbon wrapped the interior:
310120121225.jpg

310120121228.jpg

Then did my stage 2 software and added some stickers for the extra kw's:
020220121234.jpg

020220121237.jpg

020220121239.jpg

I thinks that's enough pics and updates for now! Enjoy!

Woot Woot :drool: this is what i like to see :racer: but all you need now is your car going sideways in a wet parking lot in your signature. :lmfao: otherwise car is looking very nice bud!

Woot Woot :drool: this is what i like to see :racer: but all you need now is your car going sideways in a wet parking lot in your signature. :lmfao: otherwise car is looking very nice bud!

bwaahahahahahahahahha i agree!!!!

i love those wheels! i need them in my life

LOL yeah then I can be like you and Miggz and we can make it a SA thing... but thanks bud! More updates still to come!

Ahhh Miggz! When is the next skid pan event? I'd like to join one, or maybe a track day event!

I might be willing to let them go soon... I'll keep you in mind!:laugh:

Ahhh Miggz! When is the next skid pan event? I'd like to join one, or maybe a track day event!

I might be willing to let them go soon... I'll keep you in mind!:laugh:

next skidpan is on the 27th this month at the rock raceway but i cant make it im working fml!!!!

**** you working on a Saturday!? Sucks dude... Next one then! Don't want to rock up there alone.

OMD

ASN is being invaded by South Africans with Lovely modified Audis

More the merrier!

WHat shade tints do you have?

OMD

More the merrier!

lmao what have i done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iv started a trend! but in our defence the audi club here in sa is full of ****ers that think if you have a 8l you dont deserve to sit with the cool kids

OMD

More the merrier!

Hahah well this forum is awesome! thanks for the welcome!

Its got a 35% tint on at the moment...

Keep watching for more updates!

lmao what have i done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iv started a trend! but in our defence the audi club here in sa is full of ****ers that think if you have a 8l you dont deserve to sit with the cool kids

Rofl it's all your fault Miggz!!!

But it's true what you say about the SA forum... They don't really care much for the 8L... Quite sad actually!

my cars silver and I find those tints set it off nicely.

Im subscribed!!

Lol WOTBOX is awesome! You should get yourself one... Although imagine how you'll be breaking CV's then?

The next mod I did was the Joey mod:

Before:
16092011566.jpg

After:
2012-05-18-465.jpg

2012-05-18-466.jpg

Installed a catch can (Later relocated to a better location in the engine bay):
2012-07-21-592-1.jpg

Couple of random shots to enjoy:
2012-07-21-596.jpg

2012-07-21-597.jpg

2012-07-22-609.jpg

Thanks for looking!

nice to see some updates o this forum PD ... Breadroll, you taking Shan with? maybe I'll meet you guys there...

ps. Miggz, I thought you found someone to work saturdays?!

nice to see some updates o this forum PD ... Breadroll, you taking Shan with? maybe I'll meet you guys there...

ps. Miggz, I thought you found someone to work saturdays?!

Sixty9!! Thanks man...

Miggz get someone to work for you then we can all go and take pics of our cars going sideways because we're south africans! lol

Bwaaahahahakakakkakakakka I wish! My dad leaves for Italy the day before so no one I can trust to run the store right lol

Bwaaahahahakakakkakakakka I wish! My dad leaves for Italy the day before so no one I can trust to run the store right lol
That Sucks indeed! but unfortunately one of those sacrifices...

Miggzy? what time is the event going on till? maybe you canm swing by after?

Ps. We gotta still hook up so I can organise you those Sway bars..

That Sucks indeed! but unfortunately one of those sacrifices...

Miggzy? what time is the event going on till? maybe you canm swing by after?

Ps. We gotta still hook up so I can organise you those Sway bars..

it ends at 4 good buddy! so no can do unfortunately
yeah need to make plan

Oh well I'm still keen to go if Sixty9 and Breadroll are joining? Whats the costs and requirements and so on? Can't find any info on their site...

VWCSA GYMKHANA/200m DRAGS

Date : 2013-04-27
Time : 8:00 - 16:00 (8am-12pm gymkhana, 1pm - 4pm drags)
Price :
VWCSA Members:
Ghymkhana - R120
200m Drags - R120
Both - R200
Non-VWCSA Members
Ghymkhana - R150
200m Drags - R150
Both - R250
Venue : The Rock Raceway

We will be running head to head for both formats, Gymkhana will be timed, 200m Drags will be head to head only.

Helmets are not mandatory, But we urge the guys to use them, And no slip on shoes for drivers.

Your entry covers as many laps/drags as you can squeeze in, so the earlier you come the more times you can go.
Passengers will be allowed as long as the indemnity form is signed.

Cheers
G

Reactions: PDBoosted
So the next mod I did was FMIC... Did this DIY with a piping kit I got off ebay. I had to modify the piping a bit as it was for a golf 4.

Here are the results:

Piping:
2012-08-07-651.jpg

Getting the pipes in the right places:
2012-08-08-658.jpg

Intercooler with size comparison:
2012-08-11-661.jpg

Starting to look good:
2012-08-11-664.jpg

Cooler behind the bumper:
2012-08-21-699.jpg

I didn't want to modify the crash bar too much so I made these brackets to mount it:
2012-08-21-700.jpg

All installed without the bumper (was cool driving around like this without the bumper :rock:):
2012-08-26-712.jpg

2012-08-26-713.jpg

Pics of the end result:
2012-11-10-932.jpg

2012-11-10-933.jpg

2012-11-10-934.jpg

2012-11-10-936.jpg

Thanks for looking!

very stealthy install

Only think is I think you should have gone bigger.... being a k04 turbo and living where its hot all the time, i dont think the cooler can handle the heat tbh.

very stealthy install

Only think is I think you should have gone bigger.... being a k04 turbo and living where its hot all the time, i dont think the cooler can handle the heat tbh.

Thanks man! Appreciate it... I didn't really want the boost pipes sticking out by my fog lights...

i still only have my standard k03s installed... And I thought it wouldn't help getting a bigger cooler as even now the entire cooler isn't getting airflow?

but yes I want WMI to help with the heat...

You guys are so spoilt with all your options up there in JHB :(

lmao most the stuff i do myself or import bud. ask breadroll he will tell you! everyone out there is trying to make a quick buck with no customer service or knowledge on their product

Thanks man! Appreciate it... I didn't really want the boost pipes sticking out by my fog lights...

i still only have my standard k03s installed... And I thought it wouldn't help getting a bigger cooler as even now the entire cooler isn't getting airflow?

but yes I want WMI to help with the heat...

lool sorry i thought this was an S3:ninja:

That cooler will be fine for a k03s then. I run a massive welly cooler on my k03s and i havent seen or noticed and cons with fitting it. only super cool intake temps :)

lool sorry i thought this was an S3:ninja:

That cooler will be fine for a k03s then. I run a massive welly cooler on my k03s and i havent seen or noticed and cons with fitting it. only super cool intake temps :)

LOL I get that a lot actually... People thinking its an S3... (Think its the Avus wheels...) Take it as a complement though!

Have you felt no extra lag or anything like that? I can always go bigger later with bigger turbo hehe