PD's A3 - Build thread

Got a picture with the lights on and the smoked tail lights:

Also got a clearer picture of how my s2000 filter now looks in the engine bay:

Thanks for looking ;D

Just a short video of me shooting some flames one night...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet!!

How do you get it to pop on demand with the wotbox? sounds good and looks quick too!!

Sweet!!

How do you get it to pop on demand with the wotbox? sounds good and looks quick too!!

Thanks mate! I'm very happy with my car at the moment power and speed wise... and the WOTbox is just plain fun!

The technique was taught to me by Miggz... Its quite tricky but once you get the hang of it then its really easy!

So initially my plans were to go for a t28 turbo and do rods and all that but this would be very expensive and would probably only realize in about a year...

Luckily I came across a good deal and couldn't refuse:
-OEM k04 023
_OEM manifold
-Logpro TIP

Still to get:
-Downpipe
-Water and oil lines
-MAF

Pictures!!:

Super excited for the build!

AGU pistons and forged rods and you set :) Also get the turbo looked at before you fit to make sure everything is ok. Other than that Congratz dude

AGU pistons and forged rods and you set :) Also get the turbo looked at before you fit to make sure everything is ok. Other than that Congratz dude

Thanks bud! Can't I get a set of rods that fit my current pistons? Yeah I will have it checked before I fit it...

You can but I would go agu pistons if I could go back in time to when I 1st built my motor I would go agu pistons

Little update:

I joined a couple of guys at the annual VW track day at Kyalami, and I must say man oh MAN was it an epic event! I had an absolute blast with my little car... I was impressed with how it handles and how reliable it ran all day. Even the tires didn't take as much punishment as I was expecting... I had one issue though and that was my brakes failing... Definitely need a upgrade in that department...

Here are some pics of the day and a little video clip of a small track battle I had with a A4 2.0t:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Adam P
Some more:

All in all it was an epic day and I'll definitely be doing this again in the future :hi:

Thanks Adam! Going out on a track is an awesome experience and not as bad as you would think on your car...

I have done a few track days local to me, castle combe, silver-stone etc in my previous cars and did the nurburgring in my old mr2 a couple of years back but havent ventured out in the s3 as of yet.

I have done a few track days local to me, castle combe, silver-stone etc in my previous cars and did the nurburgring in my old mr2 a couple of years back but havent ventured out in the s3 as of yet.

Oh awesome so you know what its all about! This was my first time out and I really enjoyed it... You guys are lucky over there with so many tracks available...

Oh awesome so you know what its all about! This was my first time out and I really enjoyed it... You guys are lucky over there with so many tracks available...

Yeah the local tracks are reasonably good however you definitely have the better weather!
My previous cars which were used on track were a Subaru Impreza turbo ppp, 306 rallye and the mr2 mk2.
The s3 is the nicest car i have owned by a mile so maybe im just a bit concerned about binning it whereas the others already had some scars and were cheaper.You cant beat an on track action picture im my opinion!

hi there ive really enjoyes reading this thread just a question for you about your headlights
think they really good and interested in how you have done this please mate many thanks