PD's A3 - Build thread

Thanks guys! Yeah I didn't even know about that s3Dave... But I'm sure it will be fine like Miggz said:laugh:

On a side note though, what should my MAF reading be more or less running at 1.2 bar boost? I logged it last night and the max I could get was 151g/s... I can't remember what I got previously but I'm sure it was at least 180g/s...

Thanks guys! Yeah I didn't even know about that s3Dave... But I'm sure it will be fine like Miggz said:laugh:

On a side note though, what should my MAF reading be more or less running at 1.2 bar boost? I logged it last night and the max I could get was 151g/s... I can't remember what I got previously but I'm sure it was at least 180g/s...

151g/s seems a bit low hey! not sure of what it should be but i shall find out for you.

thats about the right readings for stage 2 cars in the highveld, stock is 130+- mine was like 155g/s last time, still gotta log before and after S2000 filter but ill wait for my poes car to get back

Cool thanks then I must have a boost leak... Fml! Post some pics up of your new s2000 setup? When will your car be done dude?

No pics yet, waiting for breadroll to get my silicone that he promised like 4 weeks ago!
But I want to run logs of current setup then filter setup!
Not sure should have been last week!

Lol 4 weeks!! Yeah cool it will be interesting to compare the two setups... Tell them to hurry their assed up!

its been 7 days there so far! i could have had the head off in 24min, engineers 2 days and head back and everything running in like an hour fml

Got myself a s2000 filter today! I will be fitting it soon... Can't wait!!

null_zps34561793.jpg

So I installed the s2000 filter over the weekend.... Nice 5 min job hehe.

The filter is really big! I was surprised... But as always the bigger the better:arco:

Loving the sound of the DV now.... I keep driving in the boost to hear the sound!

Some pics:

Thanks for looking!

Reactions: Gizmo20VT
Thanks Kuvi, I would love to go BT but that will still be far in the future...

No I haven't had it tuned yet.. I want to put in my s3 injectors and do a power flow exhaust then ill go through to jhb for a tune...

Here is a small vid of my car doing a launch and pull to +-160km/h... Not the best vid as I was struggling for traction big time...

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately I have been having boost issues with my car... I just wouldn't reach requested values! Naturally I thought boost leak...

Did a boost leak test at a mate and there were no leaks!! I kept researching and found it could be my n75 valve... Last night I swapped mine out with a friends polo gti and all is well!

Mince has since completely failed and won't boost higher than 14 psi...

New revision E valve is ordered from VW (R680) ;D

Should be here monday!

Reactions: s3dave
I went for a little breakfast run this Sunday with some fellow enthusiasts... All in all it was about a 100km round trip at some nice high speeds!

My car was going brilliantly and felt very strong. I pushed it through some of the bends and was quite impressed with how it handled! I was catching guys in all the corners.

I'm really enjoying the water/meth so far even though I haven't had my car tuned for it yet but after flooring it for long periods and tapping off I got some nice pops and bangs which I previously didn't get:thrashi:

All in all I was flying through the meth and probably used around 2L of water/meth on the trip... Totally worth it though!

The only issue I was having is that my boost still seems to fluctuate a lot under load. It surges up and down at least 3 times before settling? I thought the new n75 valve would sort out this issue... Any ideas?

Here is one pic of some of the cars on the run...

Hi guys, No real updates...

Just posting some logs and hoping someone can tell me why I have boost surge issues... Thanks to Gizmo for having a look for me...

I have replaced my n75 for a new OEM unit and my mod spec is as in my signature with Water methonal injection also...

Here are the logs:

Thanks guys,,,

Do you actually feel the surge you mentioned in my thread or just see it on your boost gauge?

I don't even have a boost gauge in at the moment... But I can definitely feel the surge... You can also hear it through the filter how it surges...

Small updates for you guys...

Firstly here is a vid of a buddy and I having a run from 2nd gear to about 240... He has a polo gti with the same mods as I do but with GIAC race file software. *Video was taken on a private closed road*

Shortly here after I lost all power steering... Turns out my steering rack got water in and corroded and as a result thereof the seals have gone... I'm the process of getting the rack reconditioned...

I also swapped out my old injectors and FPR for Audi TT 380cc injectors:

TT vs standard injectors:

I then also got all the parts I still needed from Mr Ashley Breadroll Wilson, thanks buddy, along with a cupra lip and poly dog mount ;D:

So excited to get this all fitted:

Thanks for looking!

Small Update...

Finally got my car back after having the steering rack reconditioned. I must say I'm very happy with the feel of the steering now... Much smoother and lighter as well...

While my car was in I took the opportunity to do some work on the bumper which I've been wanting to do...

Fitted my cupra lip:

Plasti dipped my grill:

Before:

The Result:

I decided I liked showing my Audi badge so I removed the plasti dip off the badge:

Pics of the final result:

Just a Random pic with my daily in the background:

Hope you guys enjoyed and thanks for looking! ;D

HAHAHahhaha... Yeah what the blue beast lacks in speed (Seriously lacking...) it makes up for it in fuel economy! 30 km/l FTW

Reactions: MIGGZ
Some more updates!

My exhaust systems was a bit loud for my liking and was knocking and rattling a bit so I stopped by powerflow and ended up doing a new CATback system and tip:

I then went to my tuner FRC for a full cambelt service including gearbox oil. He did a great job and let me watch the whole process.

We then remapped my car to tune for the water meth. Before the tune we did a power run and I made 186 whp and 277 wNM.

Mo then remapped my car and we made 205 whp and 299 wNM. I was quite impressed and so was Mo. He said that my car was the first car he got over 200 whp with the mods I had done!

Here is a vid of my car on the dyno:

Some small updates also...

I sprayed my s2000 filter black to suit the engine bay:

I also changed my fuel filter which to my surprise was changes previously and the fuel coming out was still relatively clean!

Installed my powerflex donebone mount:

Thanks for looking and hope you guys enjoyed!