Routing cables from the cabin to engine bay

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
I'm trying to fit my SPA dual gauge and the loom has fairly sizeable plugs to get through to the engine bay. Just looking for the best spot to put these through. I removed the panel under the steering wheel for a look today but couldn't see any obvious spots I could use?

Best spot is a little rubber grommet behind the pollen filter on the passenger side. Run through there and along the back of the dash behind the radio to the drivers side. I've run in my boost gauge and WMI this way.

I think I put all my feeds to gauges up the trunking in the bay up under the panel for the windscreen wipers and down through a grommet above the glove box, I used a coat hanger draw wire to go both ways

Ur working late Sam, about 10 at night for u isn't it? :)

Cool I'll do that then cheers fellas, the loom is mega long so I should have enough space. Do you pop off the top part of the dash then? Is that easy?

I'm not doing it tonight, I attempted it today but I got as far as taking the panel under the steering wheel off and thought, ****** this, no chance! :) I've been getting well lazy. I should have posted this on Friday!

Nah just the panel below the windscreen, then just use a straightened out wire coat hanger to feed it down past the glove box, u will find it will go down behind the small kick panel in the foot well.

The long centre vent in this pic? Or that whole top panel?

Audi-S3_first%20gen%20interior.jpg

Last edited:
No below the windscreen outside the car, but your steering wheels on the wrong side so things may be diff ;) lol one sec and I will put some picks up....

Ah that's not my car - just a stock pic. Mine's RHD.

Andy: Thanks for that! Awesome.

I'll have another bash this weekend then.

Go the other way then mate. Put draw wire through from top bit of fairy up liquid on the wire and grommet and pull through one at a time from inside the car in to the bay, other wise you will just have to remove the grommet and reseal with ct1 or tiger seal

I just pulled the grommet out and put a slit down it to fit over the wire at the end. I didn't bother sealing it with anything it was a tight squeeze anyway and I've not taken any water on board ;)

Or yeah do as westy said and remove said grommet,
slice,cut, stab hole!
squeeze over plugs then push grommet back in hole with some washing up liquid with wires already in it :)
at least you now have a few ideas to try for putting something in a hole lol
Only thing left would be to put some hair round it!! Lol