Ashley's A3 1.8T

I was in two minds about this next one, but thanks to tuffty :D i decided to go for it..

TFSI coils and plugs with OEM adapters.

Test fit:
IMG-20130406-WA0000.jpg

Thanks for looking, and thanks again tuffty.

What makes these coils better than the standard ones? Do you feel any difference?

Update: Car will be going back to the tuners at the end of the week, hopefully it will come right now.

:gun2: wish me luck.

So the car is doing some crazy and wonderful things (sounds like an exhaust leak). So before it goes back to the tuner i will be changing all the gaskets, and hoping that the DP is not cracked. Will update soon.

20130411_081212.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

You SA guys don't hang about! Car looks ace buddy! Loving the ROCKFORD! ;)

Your really sorting out your car now hey Ash! You must be burning to get it to the tuners... :arco:

So quite a big update. As some of the SA guys may know, i have been having constant issues with the car for the past 6 months. It as now gotten to a point where i have decided to buy a daily driver and make the Audi a project car.

The following is planned to happen in the next few months:

Stage 2 Progressive WMI kit
WOTBox
Manual Tension Cambelt Service
Unitronic Stage 2+ File
OEM Rings (if anyone can suggest an OEM replacement that is just as good or better please let me know)
IE Forged Rods with ARP Bolts
Calico Bearings
Flowing Cylinder Head
New IE Valve Guides
BC Fully Adjustable Coilovers
Powerflex Suspension Bushes
LSD
Gearbox (need some insight on what can be done to strengthen these boxes)
GKN Inner & Outer CV's
All Suspension bits
New Garrett K04-023
New full 76mm Exhaust
Battery Relocation (to the rear)

That is all i can remember at the moment, if you guys have any suggestions please do not hesitate to comment as i would like to build the car right the first time.

Thanks for looking.

Reactions: JudderMan and s3dave
Why don't you raise the compression with some higher compression 1.8t pistons.

Sorry, I forgot yours is an A3, I think the compression is already 9.5:1.
S3's are 9.0:1

Won't the vr6 have different ratios?

Looking at Prawns gearbox history, you best off upgrading the transmission oil :blush:

Won't the vr6 have different ratios?

Looking at Prawns gearbox history, you best off upgrading the transmission oil :blush:

Yeah it does have a little longer ratios but i'm willing to live with that if the box doesn't break. I'm on my 3rd box now.

This morning (after not being able to sleep) i thought i would get started on stripping out the car, so it can be sent in for the half cage.

Just come general pics of what came out and what it looks like now. Still a long way to go.

Stay tuned :arco: and thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Small update, I have cleaned up the rear and started sourcing small things for the battery relocation which will be done this weekend. The battery will sit in the spare wheel arch.

Uploadfromtaptalk1367512318574

The earth strap, positive terminal and wiring to run for the battery.
Uploadfromtaptalk1367512385725
Uploadfromtaptalk1367512404032
Uploadfromtaptalk1367512419177

Just waiting on my battery box then I will start this weekend with Miggz and Dwayne. Thanks for looking.