possible blown rear speaker!!!!

Sm3g

STANDARD S3 (225bhp)
Reaction score
evening folks

my passenger rear speaker is making a crackling and whining noise even with the volume turned down on the sterio its doing my head in,,is there anyway of just disconnecting the rear speakers,,as i tried having a go at getting to the speaker today and im not right sure on how to take the door card of etc...

thanks alot.il try have a look tomoz when i get chance,just dont want to break anything,haha

im wondering if it could just be a loose wire of some kind,as i recently fitted a new refurbished radio 2weeks ago,the noise is like whining to the sound of my engine speed if you know what i mean,and if i bang on the side of the radio it goes away for a few secs then comes back????

Sounds like at bad earth, this will cause the whine through your speakers related to engine speed

Hey-

are you running line-level feeds to your subwoofer first?

This contains the amps to run the rest of the system- the noise you describe sounds like a bad ground link on the channel for that part of the car- if you've never been in-about the subwoofer you need to check out the headunit connections you've made in the dash...

JimP