best mods for a 1999 s3 8l

s3welshy

Reaction score
Hi all.
As title says really.i have a s3 standard apard fron n249 removal. What are your suggestions for my first performance mods.
Bearing in mind its on 153000 miles. But its nice and strong and not using any mods. Im looking to spend around £300 ON IT THIS MONTH.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Air filter and something like a 007P or silicone boost pipes would be a good start

badger 5 tip and induction kit, forget the forge, the oem diverter is perfect for you and cheap.

no map required, but it would help alot. or just get a stage one map and then the induction kit

TIP, cone filter and heat shield first (from Badger 5) - then get a stage 1 remap after

i dont know how much a map is now days (stage one)
bang for buck its a map.
But after all mods have been bought you will be looking for a custom map.
So you could just get all the mods and then a custom map.

Sorry to hijack the thread but what gains can I expect in fitting a badger tip? What is its purpose? Also what is the N249 delete?

Best mod I've found so far is uprated brakes! Gd series discs and red stuff pads, feels miles better than before! :y:

Sorry to hijack the thread but what gains can I expect in fitting a badger tip? What is its purpose? Also what is the N249 delete?

Best mod I've found so far is uprated brakes! Gd series discs and red stuff pads, feels miles better than before! :y:

The badger5 tip's allow the turbo to suck in more air, it's been shown to add up to 20bhp on a stage 1 mapped S3, it's 80mm down the whole tube, top buy before a remap.. It made mine feel much better, car revs raiser. The n249 delete gets rid of the cars ability to dump boost easily. Also makes less mess for boost leaks, makes the car respond earlier - a to do list for it is in the FAQs.