audi a3 1.8t quattro sport 2002 oil warning light problem

spencewatts

Reaction score
hi guys. last week i replaed my oil pik ip pipe in my sump on my audi a3 1.8t quattro sport.i had the red oil light going round a bend and the 3 beeps.i have done 108.000 miles with full servie history.the light happened again today,its not all the time. am i looking at replaing the oil pump? any help would be grateful.like i said only seems to show or beep going fast around a bend,thanks.2002 model

Might be best to replace the pump. If it pulled some sludge into it it may be on its last legs.

Checked the oil level?

oil level is fine and no sludge was in there.only had a servie 3 weeks before.think i may have to do the pump.would nt be the oil pressure swith would it?

Please deont take this the wrong way but did you replace the rubber seal on the new pick up pipe? if you didnt fit one then that will be your problem dude

hi guys.yes i replaced the rubber seal between the pipe and pump.could it be the pressure switch or is it looking like the pump.is this a fault on all the 1.8t ? i have the 180 tt one.if i Di have the change the pump is this a pig of a job ? any help is greatly appreciated.thanks guys

hi guys.changed the oil pump today,but alas i went round a corner again and the oil light and the 3 beeps returned.is it possibly the pressure switch?

I cannot believe you have done all of this work without actually checking the oil pressure with a gauge. TBH the only thing left is the switch and it's cheap as chips. I'm guessing you have a break in the wire or similar and the engine movement is causing the the light to come on

Reactions: spencewatts
i guess with the mileage as it is and other guys on here having pumps go bang at that mileage i just paniced.the switch is near the oil filter is nt it? is it a pig to get out? thanks