Just Bought A3 1.8t!!

ScottyG60

Reaction score
Hi there, first post here and first time Audi owner but long time VAG man!

Just got ma self and the Mrs a sweet r reg a3 turbo, pretty good car with a full years mot for 800 bucks :)

Was doing the brake pads all round and rear discs when found some one had helicoiled one of the pas side caliper hanger mount bolts which i'll now have to re-helicoil:scared2:

TOP TIP!!! If your struggling for a tool to retract the rear caliper pistons i found the small angle grinder disc attachment tool is spot on for the job and saved me welding up some old knackered circlip pliers!

Upon operating the rear window washer i found that the washer fluid is pssing out somewhere under the airbox around the strut leg?? any ideas where the hose runs as i spent some time looking for it to no avail!

Help would be appreciated, CHEERRRss!!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

i had same problem with my washers there is a black case just under the filter box, if you take the air box out you can access the case easier, take the lid off and if like mine you'll see the two ends of the hard plastic hose which need to be pushed backed together . Hope this helps you out a little.

im sure someone far mo helpful will be along shortly and explain better than me.

simon

Reactions: ScottyG60
Thats great cheersd man i'll look at it tonight, Also forgot to mention the airbag dash light is also on, apparently something to do with seatbelt latch tensioner on the drivers seat but i had a look and couldnt even see wires going to it???

My airbag light is on also, but can't help you there someone with more experience and more know how than me will help you out with that one, have you had on on vcds?