Mint S3 + carpark =

20valver

Reaction score
Came out to my car this lunch time to take it for a wash. Where I notice someone has reversed into me in the works carpark and put a towing eye through ther skin of the bumber and left an array of scratchs and some blue/black paint.

The cratchs and piercing are netween the plate and across under the os headlight.

Any ideas on what parts are needed to replace the skin of the bumper, or any one any experience with plastic welding or similar to fix the 1.5" pierce and then paint the scratchs?

Got work checking cctv at the minute, but waste of time really as spends most of the pan it films on over the main entrance not the actual car park.

Any advice much appreciated...

You must be gutted mate. Some people are just careless b#stards. Hope the CCTV comes back with something.

Also, can't be that many cars with a tow bar? Worth walking round all the cars checking for your paint work on their car.

Good luck.

AL

Cheers, and yes I'm gutted. Tooks months to find a mint one, and then one careless b^stard and I've now got an S3 with a hole in the bumber.

It doesn't look like a tow bar though, just a towing eye, as the rest of the bumper has marked the car up too.

Still £200 for a new genuine front bumper from ECP isn't to bad. But the overall bill of £500ish for going to work is a real kick in teeth! (There goes my remap...)

ahh sh!t man, that's awful... ****** the bumper, get the remap :p

Cross fingers the CCTV comes back wtih something, besta luck with that.

hi there i had a a3 1.8t years ago and somebody did very similar i went to a local bodyshop who plasticwelded and painted my bumber for £150.00 which i thought was good maybe worth trying a couple of places,just a thought mate

Cheers.

I think I will give that a go. If they could pull it out and the plastic weld then smooth it over it should work out less than a new bumper and paint.

No luck on the cctv though...

Sorry to hear that, I have a similar problem with the alloys, I have to park as close to the kerb in a busy double parked street, one inch out and its another ****** scape on the wheels- of all the cars I have had the material on S3 wheels is the softest I have known.

Most unfortunate, I totally sympathise. Are there alot of people coming and going where you work, or is it most likely someone who works with you? That would anger me more than anything, if it was someone I worked with.
Seek them out... they deserve a good kicking for not finding out who's car it is and reporting it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

Leave the hole and get the re-map and you'll be going so fast nobody will see, gutted for ya mate, hate careless people i got a nasty dent where someone opened their door onto mine when i left it on a car park