My old S3 for sale.....

From reading the advert all he has done since buying it from me is service it and change the alternator and he has swapped the wheels I put on it back to original ones I sold with it.

Still has the ancient custom code stg 1 map I got put on it and had it dyno`d which didn't show great results at max 245bhp.

He also has not mentioned the green panel filter and 007p it had fitted when I sold it (unless he has removed them)

Still it was a nice example of a pre facelift APY car in good nick as I had the roof rails done under warranty etc but defo overpriced compared to others I can see for sale. eg I got my 2002 facelift BAM S3 with many more optional extras already fitted for £4200 18 months ago ;)

Still he can ask whatever he wants for it and if someone buys it hes done well

I was going to ask you who mapped it, but you've answered me that :)
I think it is overpriced for a pre facelift with a 100k on, I'm still looking for an 8l s3 and I'm getting ready to give up now. The only decent one I've found is £7499 on an 03 with only 35k one owner from new but it's out of my budget at that.

the other 30 or so s3 I've looked at are ****ters with too many problems!

Sean

the other 30 or so s3 I've looked at are ****ters with too many problems!

Sean

o god! please dont say that while im looking for one, and that is also wey out my budget lol, you have probily viewed ones that i will end up buying... lol.

JJ.

I've looked at 2 in Grimsby , 1 in hull, 4 in Lincolnshire, quite a few in Nottingham and Leicester and god knows how many online! Not found one bar the expensive one yet and he wouldn't budge on price or take my Leon cupra r in p/x.

Patience is a virtue I suppose.

Sean

I've looked at 2 in Grimsby , 1 in hull, 4 in Lincolnshire, quite a few in Nottingham and Leicester and god knows how many online! Not found one bar the expensive one yet and he wouldn't budge on price or take my Leon cupra r in p/x.

Patience is a virtue I suppose.

Sean

Where are you looking for these? i only know ebay/autotrader/ and pistonheads lol

JJ.

I think no more than 5k for a non modified post face lift S3 with 80K+ (anything with uber high miles price needs to be reflected)

It can take time to find a good one especially if your looking at dealers etc as they have no idea about these cars and state wrong info all the time.

Best bet if you want a good one is to buy one from an enthusiast as that way you know even though it may of been driven hard (these cars were designed for this) it should also of been looked after and you may find some of the problem areas have already benn addressed.

My old S3 was in great condition when I sold it (I needed a bigger car at the time) but its been 4 years since I last saw it so who knows what its like now?

try looking for cars for a decent price in the southwest, when i was looking for a TQS (had a couple blips on my driving record so insurance for a s3 would have been sky high) i was actually thinking of flying to Manchester and hiring a car to view a few, the car market down here is crap! after over 6 months of looking i finally managed to find one on 80k that was only 100 miles away and was in pretty good condition. had such a smile on my face when i was driving home down the m5 :D (especially seeing as i was driving a 1995 fiat punto with a 1tr engine before i got the a3)