Removed the rear wiper. Any better?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I finally got around to removing the rear wiper.

norearwiper01.jpg

norearwiper02.jpg

I am happy with and think it improves the smooth lines of the car.

What do you guys think though?

Mark

looks good mate, quick question for you, did you ever get the contribution from audi for your doors or did you knock that on the head

Lookin smoooooooooooooooooooooooth mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If it was mine; I'd be 99% certain that spoiler won't be going on now... If you look at the car as a whole in the pics (or lets say; centre your view on the rear window but don't hold the focus) - it looks clean, tidy, and uniform. I really think if you put the spoiler on now it'd be a step backwards.

I dunno what you feel though?....

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good mate but will it still pass the MOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so as it's only a rear wiper blade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Or are you refering to some of the other mods?

[ QUOTE ]
Lookin smoooooooooooooooooooooooth mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If it was mine; I'd be 99% certain that spoiler won't be going on now... If you look at the car as a whole in the pics (or lets say; centre your view on the rear window but don't hold the focus) - it looks clean, tidy, and uniform. I really think if you put the spoiler on now it'd be a step backwards.

I dunno what you feel though?....

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah as you say I am almost certain that I am not going to fit the spoiler now as I think my initial thoughts of it ruining the smooth lines will come true.

[ QUOTE ]
Very smooth dude. If I saw you drivin around I'd probably chase u down to give u a thumbs up lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif (Look out for a black S3 chasin u) hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers dude.

You may see me in November time if I end up going to London LOL

I thank you in advance for the rear wiper Mark, looks very smooth, think the spoiler should go on now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
looks good mate, quick question for you, did you ever get the contribution from audi for your doors or did you knock that on the head

[/ QUOTE ]

PM Sent

[ QUOTE ]
I thank you in advance for the rear wiper Mark, looks very smooth, think the spoiler should go on now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering how long it would be before you noticed.

Can't remember how much I paid for it, but if you interested how's about £5 at Audi Driver International?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't remember how much I paid for it, but if you interested how's about £5 at Audi Driver International?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deal, can you bring a spanner aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deal, can you bring a spanner aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'll bring a spanner and some WD40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I like it to, nice and clean.

Reminds me of the Golf mkII days......

Its amazing what a difference something like that makes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I like it to, nice and clean.

Reminds me of the Golf mkII days......

Its amazing what a difference something like that makes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Euro is the way forward so to speak and 'less is more' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It does look smoother. However is it still okay to see out of the back of? Only ask as the big **** on the S3 always kicks up the most amount of sh!t onto the rearscreen that after a few miles in wet dreary weather you can't see for buggery.

[ QUOTE ]
It does look smoother. However is it still okay to see out of the back of? Only ask as the big **** on the S3 always kicks up the most amount of sh!t onto the rearscreen that after a few miles in wet dreary weather you can't see for buggery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it gets a bit dirty, but you can still see. I suppose that's what the sides mirrors are for though? LOL

Also I suppose if it gets too dirty I will have to stop and wipe it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ive got no rear wiper on mine as it broke a few monthes back so i took it off completly. It does look better without it IMO and it got through the MOT fine but as mentioned, it doesn`t provide the best visability in crap weather.