Removing pistons and dust covers from LCR brembos???????

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Whats the best way to remove the pistons and dust covers on lcr brembos? Managed to pop one piston out by pressurising the caliper but now it obivoulsy leaks air so wont pop the rest out! Also i camt getths dust seals out, their stuck solid and ive torn one already.

Any ideas?

Send them to me, they're probably broken. No use to you...

Dani just worked out who you are now dude :), if it was me id refit one piston, so its just in the caliper, use a G clamp and then presurrise the caliper again, this will push out the other, then use a pair of water pump pliers to remove the first piston :)

Or send them to captain J-Rod and the fiat sales team who will sort it out :)

The dust covers have a metal ring around them thats pressed into a slot in the caliper. Theres a small opening cast into the caliper that you need to get a pick underneath to get out.

As above, I usually use air to get them out a bit, then use a pair of water pump pliers to get it the rest of the way

Haha took you a while phil.

Jardo you can have them for a pack of haribos and £400 pound lol.

So is the metal ring easy to pop out? Like i said i tried to prize the seal out and tore it so looks like new seal time haha.

Haha took you a while phil.

Jardo you can have them for a pack of haribos and £400 pound lol.

So is the metal ring easy to pop out? Like i said i tried to prize the seal out and tore it so looks like new seal time haha.

lol, i can be very slow at times :)

the metal ring is a spring type ring, find one end and then hook it out with a very small screwdriver or pic dude :)

Its old age mate haha.

Thanks muchly lads, ill have ago tonight and report back that ill have some how ****** it up and ruined the pistons along with the seals lol.