is a performance exhaust worth the cash ?

harvey01

Reaction score
hi all im going to be getting a stage 2 map to complement my mods
3 inch downpipe and 200cell sports cat
tip and mugen s2000 airfilter
very large front mount with 63mm pipework
amd dumpvalve
my question is will i get any real gains from fitting a 2.75 inch exhaust over the standerd system as there for some reasion very very pricey for the s3 ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

whats your aim? looks noise or performance. im in a similar situation. ive spent so much on exhausts i the past where the oem units are meant to be restrictive but never felt a performance gain. have you tried anyone who can do custom as they seem to be the cheaper items. daz

I found it cheaper to have one custom made from scratch on my previous car. However, this time round i managed to strike lucky with a used system on here from a fellow forum member at a good price.

Whilst you will not see any instant performance gains from a cat back system, this will work in harmony with other mods and allow the exhaust gases to be more free flowing, which is in turn good for performance and efficiency of the engine.

If you are looking for bolt on power increase from the exhaust then don't buy it. If you can live with the above facts and like the sound/aesthetics of a performance exhaust then buy one.

Hope this helps?