double din to single din conversion 8l s3 *pics*

PiranhaMan

Reaction score
had this put in at the weekend and i'm really pleased with it
couldn't find anything "off the shelf" to fill the double din space so had this made up instead
i think it looks nice a tidy and doesn't ruin the look of the centre console

Dash2Dash1

You have done a good job with that mate looks well tidy. I had a screen in my old gold loved it but had to sell it when I got the S3 as it was a single din. Did you not like the Double din head units from other manufacturers like the Alpine or Kenwood, they do some cracking head units.

how much did this cost to do out of interest?
What's involved? Presumably, new centre console, new climate control panel? Do you have to alter the loom at all?

no dave, i just replaced the bose double din system and replaced it with the alpine head unit

You have done a good job with that mate looks well tidy. I had a screen in my old gold loved it but had to sell it when I got the S3 as it was a single din. Did you not like the Double din head units from other manufacturers like the Alpine or Kenwood, they do some cracking head units.

cheers mate, dont really like the double dins tbh, just like the single units

how much did this cost to do out of interest?
What's involved? Presumably, new centre console, new climate control panel? Do you have to alter the loom at all?

i had it fitted for me mate (im usuless with this stuff)
cost me a little over £200 to have the head unit, 6x9's (with stealth shelf), front speakers, alpine sub and custom made facia fitted
no new console or climate control needed, they just retro fitted the new facia as is

mate any possibility you could forward me the details of the company that made this adapter for you
I have a bose symphony unit and want to change it but no one and I mean NO ONE does a double din adapter for the 8l !!
I could fit it myself if it was made .... just contact details if you would be so kind !!