Injector location?

KonArtist

Reaction score
can anyone please help me !!! my a3 (1.9tdi 02) will not start,it's turning over but not firing. I've ran a direct feed to the fuel pump whilst spraying easy start down the air intake and it fire's but as soon as it burns the easy start it shuts off again. So i'm not getting fuel. Next I take the direct feed of the fuel pump,connect it back up properly and crank the engine. I take the fuel line off the fuel rail and fuel is coming out ,so i'm getting fuel as far as the rail now i want to check to see if i'm getting fuel to the injectors but i cant find them can someone please help me out this is caneing my brain.....

as above you need to take off the rocker cover. check the wires to the injectors, seen a couple break as the wires are always sat in oil.

Yeah as Jay said, the looms being damaged is more of a common problem than the injectors failing. I think replacement looms are about £50 and saves you having to remove the injectors as they are a pain. Check for breaks and if you have power going to the injectors.

How do i check for power to the injectors(I thought they were under rocker cover but father in-law said not should have gone with my own instincts)

Whilst i think about it why isn't my pump priming when i turn ignition or no glow plug light any ideas please don't say ecu cause i i'm trying to ignore the fact it is a possibility.