What's Good For A Top up (quick reply needed)?

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I'm going on a long drive tomorrow morning so gave the car a quick once over.

My oil is sitting just below the rough surface on the dipstick so need to buy a litre to top it up.

The problem is that the only shops i have near me are eurocarpars and halfords.

What oil should i get for a top up ?

p.s

The oil i have in there now is quantum platinum 5w-40

Yeah there was a thread about this oil last week few people use it for the whole oil changes with no problems, if you go online with euro car parts there is good discount before you pick up to think it SERVICE25

Ill have a look for the thread ;)

I cant see any discounts though :(

Go on there site and pre book what ever you want to buy then at the check out before you reserve your order at the bottom of the page should ask for gift or coupon code enter EASTER25 that's there new one

Go on there site and pre book what ever you want to buy then at the check out before you reserve your order at the bottom of the page should ask for gift or coupon code enter EASTER25 that's there new one

Says i need to spend £25 or more....lol

Really just had ago on the 5lt oil that you said and its giving it to me for £18 and that's under £25 to start with

i would just buy another 5litre of the quantum you have in, and then you will always have plenty and maybe do a oil change!

Yeah just tried the 1lt bottle and it said over £20 oh we'll only £7 mate

Yeah not worth hunting a code on a £7 item....lol

i would just buy another 5litre of the quantum you have in, and then you will always have plenty and maybe do a oil change!

I would if i could but i only have eurocarparts and halfords near me.

Im thinking of getting a fuel filter while im there.

The only makes they have are:
Hengst
Guttmann
Crosland.

Hengst is the most expensive but i've never heard of them.

Anyone?

If the oil is sitting just at the bottom of the rough surface on the dipstick, How much oil would it take to fill it up?

fuel filter, i purchased direct from audi tps. including discount only about a fiver.

sorry, but that probably doesn't help you.