Definitions - no lift shift, gear based boost, anti lag launch control.

Scullies

Reaction score
I was thinking it would be beneficial to the members if the tuning "guru's" could give us some details/info on all these "new" tuning terms and maybe some videos of the mods.

No lift shift (NLS) - how does this work and what are the benefits.
Anti lag launch control - how does this work and what are the benefits, besides awesome flames and destroying parts of the exhaust :)
Gear based boost - how does this work and what are the benefits

No lift shift - you don't need to lift when you shift.

Anti lag launch control - reduces lag and controls your launch.

Gear based boost - controls your boost relevant to the gear you are in.

Literally as simple as that haha.

So gear based boost would be more beneficial to a fwd, as it would allow you to keep traction?
Lest say you down shift from 3rd to 2nd to go around a corner a little sideways, I'm guessing the boost levels would be less in 2nd than 3rd therefore having less power to get your drift on :)

Would gear based boost be more for BT setups?

With anti lag launch control, from what I have been told, is there is a certain process to "activate" it and then the car holds a certain boost level at a set rpm.
Now can you drop the clutch and hold on for dear live, or would you still need to ease the clutch out as you do with a normal launch?
I assume launch control is fine for stock turbo & BT setups.

Would NLS be more suited to track and drag racing? Maybe the occasional street run, although I think I would feel very awkward keeping my foot at WOT while I push the clutch in :scared2:

Launch control blows things up

NLS blows things up

Gear based boost is epic.

I want all of the above, despite the risks

Not for people that have actual power and only FWD :)

Felt pretty impressive in the 450hp LCR...

<tuffty/>

I thought it was hugely annoying.

A bit like a hooker that resembles your sister...just hugely off putting and distracting you from what should be a care free bit of mischief.

A bit like a hooker that resembles your sister...just hugely off putting and distracting you from what should be a care free bit of mischief.

Interesting analogy... bit of an insight to the mind that is Jardo ;P

Anyhoo... I tried it briefly on my S3 but tbh was a little pointless as I don't actually suffer from lack of grip through the gears but on the LCR it felt epic... rolling start in second and foot to the floor through to fourth... it just kept pulling much like my S3 does and this think has more power than my S3... if tuned right then it works exceptionally well on FWD applications... prior to this it was a case of buying an Apexi AVC-R...

Maybe on the lesser power cars it doesn't feel as though its actually doing much but on the high power FWD stuff its amazeballs...

<tuffty/>

Just looking these questions.

NLS and ALS are different right? Whats the differences please lads?

Stop being a goon, you've never driven a car with gear based boost, and yours doesn't have enough power to suffer from wheelspin badly enough to warrant it.

I think gear based boost and ME7.5 sounds epic.

It would appear that Jardo has figured out Tufftys password :laugh:

It wasn't hard to guess..."doyoureallywanttologintoASN?" for future reference.

I have never said amazeballs because I'm not a c***, I do say everything is epic, amazing, awesome, rad or badass though.

It wasn't hard to guess..."doyoureallywanttologintoASN?" for future reference.

I have never said amazeballs because I'm not a c***, I do say everything is epic, amazing, awesome, rad or badass though.

Dude.....are you a surfer by any chance :laugh:

I cant believe you posted that............. shocked!

who is this and what have you done with tuffty?

Its probably one of his kids, I wouldn't be surprised if they knew more than me.

I'm always amazed at how much great information Prawns lovely lady picks up just by listening. You'll be having a conversation then she will just flaw you by a comment about duty cycles.