haldex controller

gracelea68

Reaction score
hi i think my haldex controller is nakerd on my 2000 plate s3, its developed like a judder from the rear diff its like a clutch slip, if i take the fuse out for the esp and its fine exept its no longer in 4x4 lol so what i need to know is weres the best place to find one as in scrapyards neer methey have never heard of an s3 lol

When was the last time you had your haldex serviced.....?

Also where do you live, I live in Nottingham and there's a scrapyard here with about 10 haldex fitted cars that would help you.... Check out " motors in motion" breakers in Worksop Nottinghamshire .

Sean

i live in the country side lol in north wales, are all the haldex controllers the same, tt, 4 motion etc will they all fit my s3?
i dont know wen the last time it was serviced was thinking of doin it but wouldnt know were to find the service kit

Reactions: Davjon747
There's loads of stuff on here about Haldex issues if you do a search, including a lengthy one in which most people have similar issues to you but no fault codes. You should probably get yours scanned for codes to see if you have anything that relates to the controller before you change it. Water ingress is a problem into the electrical connections and into the controller it's self, so woirth checking out. I have DTCs for the controller and a new one for an 8P is over £800 from Audi so mines away to be remanufactured, should get it back by the end of the week then I will know if I've done the right thing or not, going to change my Haldex oil and filter and may as well do the diff oil while I am at it, will try to find a link to the post I mentioned, loads to read.

Here it is; http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/148973-haldex-system-confusion.html

I know mk4 R32's are the same as my whole rear end is from one as my diff gave up on me a few years ago and the guy was selling the whole rear axle which only cost me about £300 n it had only covered about 30K. So my rear end is 100k miles younger than the rest lol.