whats most psi i can get from my audi S3?

barlow S5

Reaction score
Hi

I got a K04 turbo want to know whats max boost pressure it will take and psi, and what will the bottom end take with out changing anything?

Standard is 12psi and most remaps tend to push the K04 up to 21/22psi at max boost. No need for any more on a normal standard setup.

30psi plus but say goodbye to your turbo and power.

It isnt about boost with a ko4 mate, its about alot more, cooling, timing, air flow, turning the boost up wont make you more power unless dont properly, the ko4's are like ****ing heat pumps.

If you are considering getting it mapped then it will get mapped to whatever boost makes best power for the condition and level of modification of your engine...

The ECU's in these cars are load based and you can't tell them what boost you want... a decent tuner such as Badger5 or R-Tech will get the best out of your car whatever your setup..

Don't get fixated on boost as its not as relevant as people think it is..

<tuffty/>

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Boost held, boost spike, boost at top end? Audi 8P Ko3's and Ko4's are both not particularly suited to holding any sort of high level of boost at the top end, it results in heat and back pressure. The boost level is related to the resistance of flow in your engine, so depends on mods you have. Don't get too hung up on boost levels, as others have pointed out.

Ruick