Need your opinions guys on a few possible mods

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I have got a few mods that I am considering doing, but I don't know whether they will ruin the lines of the car.

Here is a picture of her for those who haven't seen her:

markbfinishedexterior01.jpg

Anyway here are the things I am thinking of doing:

Audi S3 rear spoiler (I've already got it sprayed up. I am just not sure whether it will look right)

Here is the car without

withoutspoiler01.jpg

withoutspoiler02.jpg

Here is the car with

withspoiler01.jpg

withspoiler02.jpg

Before you say I know the back needs to go lower, but that will be sorted soon by some Eibach coil-overs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What do you reckon guys? Go for it? Or will it ruin the look?

Remove the rear wiper and gromet the hole?

Yes or no?

Finally will I get away with my German style plate? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

germanstyleplate.jpg

not sure I agree with everything you've done to your car, but to complete the look you want I would get rid of the rear wiper and add the S3 rear spoiler, think it will make the back look more complete and actually makes the lines of the car flow better.

and refering to the number plate, what's the worst that's going to happen a £30 fixed penalty, I wouldn't worry about it they never seem to pull the [censored] with silly italic fonts on the number plates around here.

[ QUOTE ]
not sure I agree with everything you've done to your car, but to complete the look you want I would get rid of the rear wiper and add the S3 rear spoiler, think it will make the back look more complete and actually makes the lines of the car flow better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect your opinion on the mods.

Still not sure whether to fit the spoiler or not.

stick the spoiler on and get the plates- surely ul need the wiper- after all england doesnt have a rep for being wet for no reason.

also have u thought about placing a stripe accross the middle of the car on teh sides- IMO and u prolly wont agree but breaking it up might look better.

but i like ur car mate- its different.

u got yellow/black leathers inside?

S3 Heckspoiler - yes, do it.

Removing rear wiper - no, don't think the costs in terms of rear visibility outweigh the gains in clean lines TBH. And a grommet would look a bit crap IMHO.

I think the rear ride height looks fine BTW.

A couple of things Mark, first of all, YOU NEED TO LOWER THE BACK END! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif , having fitted my Bilstein/Eibachs combo yesterday, my S3 sits a lot nicer, I will post a pic after I have washed the thing.
I prefer the look without the spoiler to be honest, if you are gonna remove the rear wiper, I WANT IT! And your car is no M3 lol. Love the oval exhaust though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
tough one granted, if your going to stick it on, how hard would it be to get it off again? some sort of trial period perhaps? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To take that picture the spoiler was held in postion by electrical tape LOL, but if I were to stick it on for real I would be using Sticka flex and once that has set there is not a hope in hell of getting it back off!

Thats why it's a toughy!

[ QUOTE ]
stick the spoiler on and get the plates- surely ul need the wiper- after all england doesnt have a rep for being wet for no reason.

also have u thought about placing a stripe accross the middle of the car on teh sides- IMO and u prolly wont agree but breaking it up might look better.

but i like ur car mate- its different.

u got yellow/black leathers inside?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use the rear wiper much to be honest ans if it helps with the looks then I am prepared to do it.

No I am not putting a strip back on as I have just spent a fortune have them removed and plated up!

Nah no yellow and black leathers don't like them. I want 2 Recaro Speed seats in Black leather/Blue Alcantara with a chrome roll cage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Heckspoiler - yes, do it.

Removing rear wiper - no, don't think the costs in terms of rear visibility outweigh the gains in clean lines TBH. And a grommet would look a bit crap IMHO.

I think the rear ride height looks fine BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a genuine S3 item.

I will see about the wiper.

I feel the back is too high.

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of things Mark, first of all, YOU NEED TO LOWER THE BACK END! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif , having fitted my Bilstein/Eibachs combo yesterday, my S3 sits a lot nicer, I will post a pic after I have washed the thing.
I prefer the look without the spoiler to be honest, if you are gonna remove the rear wiper, I WANT IT! And your car is no M3 lol. Love the oval exhaust though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know the back wants dropping mate! I stated that in the post!

I have got the Eibach Pro's with std dampers mate. Have you got the Eibach sport kit?

Not sure about the spoiler it's growing on me.

You can have the rear wiper for a few quid if I remove it.

Yeah I love my exhaust it's different!

I know it's no M3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

personal opinion is the spoiler should go on and i'd put the plates on myself (cant be bothered to get mine ordered) Where did you get yours from or where they sent over?
I dont mind the rear wiper plus on our cars dirt likes to sit on the rear windscreen quite a bit so its very usefull, wouldnt remove it if i was you.

id put the S3 spoiler on, and the plate but lose the black bit under the plate. You have got to a lot of effort to lose all the sticky out bits then add one around the plate ??

looks trick and smooth imo. well done

yep - tough one mark. In any other circumstance I'd say throw the spoiler on. However the lines of your car all 'pull' into the body, and having that very slight bump where the spoiler raises may look a little out of place - I imagine this is the reason you're not totaly sure what to do?

Thus being the case, why not wait until you get the suspension sorted and see how it looks then? With the ride height lowering at the back it may make the lines appear to flow off - and there be no requirement for the spoiler? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif If the spoiler was to lay totaly flush from the top I would imagine there would be no dilemma! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Plates - yeah do whatever ya feel. Wiper, I'd keep..defo keep if you put the spoiler on.

Maybe you just need to go with your gut feeling mate - that's how you've managed to get your car the way you want it so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Firstly, I think your car looks really good!

I'd go fo the spoiler think it fits in nicely.

I would also keep the rear wiper, not sure about anybody else, but i find the rear windscreen on my S3 gets dirty really quickly must be the design of the car??

imo there's not much difference with or without the spoiler. Obviously next to each other you can tell but by itself it looks good either way. As you've got it i'd stick it on. It certainly does not look bad with it on.

As for wiper i'd take it off as it will stand out more. I've got an aero on the back to stop wiper vibrations from my music however I don't think i've ever used it. No need to with heated side mirrors and parking sensors. My saxo's rear window was limo black without a wiper and didn't miss it.

Plate is not my taste but i'm sure it looks better in real life.

add the spoiler and bin the wiper. Should look even better with the coilovers.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have got the Eibach Pro's with std dampers mate. Have you got the Eibach sport kit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what spec the springs are mate, just know they are made by Eibach, as I bought them off Monty77 on here earlier in the year. The front end has been lowered marginally, but the rear has the alloy sitting with the top of the tyres level with the arch I think.
Actually, looking at the pics again, I think the spoiler looks better on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Not sure if the spoiler has anything to do with it, but the aerodynamics on my S3 brings up a load of crap onto the rear end of the car in the wet, so I use the rear wiper quite often, especially as my S3 is now a daily driver. But if you decide to remove it, I've reserved it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's a genuine S3 item.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know mate... was using a German term (quite possibly incorrectly!) I picked up from an old Kamei catalogue! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you do! Out of interest, how long have you had the springs on? 'Cos mine have settled over time (~10K miles & 6 months) and mine doesn't look as high at the back now as yours does now. I'll take a pic if you like.

Of course, if you can't wait or want it lower still go for the coilovers!

Fit the spoiler without a doubt.

Leave wiper.

I don't think you'd have any probs with the plates.

Top car!

[ QUOTE ]
yep - tough one mark. In any other circumstance I'd say throw the spoiler on. However the lines of your car all 'pull' into the body, and having that very slight bump where the spoiler raises may look a little out of place - I imagine this is the reason you're not totaly sure what to do?

Thus being the case, why not wait until you get the suspension sorted and see how it looks then? With the ride height lowering at the back it may make the lines appear to flow off - and there be no requirement for the spoiler? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif If the spoiler was to lay totaly flush from the top I would imagine there would be no dilemma! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Plates - yeah do whatever ya feel. Wiper, I'd keep..defo keep if you put the spoiler on.

Maybe you just need to go with your gut feeling mate - that's how you've managed to get your car the way you want it so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice matey I think you have realised my concerns perfectly. I think I will wait until it dropped more and see how it sits and re-consider the spoiler as I don't want to rush and do something and ruin the whole look of the car for one item!

Thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what spec the springs are mate, just know they are made by Eibach, as I bought them off Monty77 on here earlier in the year. The front end has been lowered marginally, but the rear has the alloy sitting with the top of the tyres level with the arch I think.
Actually, looking at the pics again, I think the spoiler looks better on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Not sure if the spoiler has anything to do with it, but the aerodynamics on my S3 brings up a load of crap onto the rear end of the car in the wet, so I use the rear wiper quite often, especially as my S3 is now a daily driver. But if you decide to remove it, I've reserved it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I see get some pics up matey!

I suppose it doesn't help that the back is like this though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dynamatinteriorview02.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a genuine S3 item.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know mate... was using a German term (quite possibly incorrectly!) I picked up from an old Kamei catalogue! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you do! Out of interest, how long have you had the springs on? 'Cos mine have settled over time (~10K miles & 6 months) and mine doesn't look as high at the back now as yours does now. I'll take a pic if you like.

Of course, if you can't wait or want it lower still go for the coilovers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I thought you meant that it was one of the S3 Tuning.de items.

The springs have been on for about 6K so I think they have had plenty of time, but if you see the picture above you will see that that doesn't help.

So it looks like they are getting a bit of a mixed reaction.

At the moment I think I will get rid of the rear wiper add the plate surround (Use the plate for shows)

Then wait for the rest of the car to be lowered then review the looks.

Thanks for the advice though Mark

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it doesn't help that the back is like this though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif, that's quite a lot of weight loss there.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif, that's quite a lot of weight loss there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah tell me about it, but it does shift a bit.

Although I've gained a lot back in the doors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dynamatdriverdoor02.jpg

Mark leave the spoiler off and sell it to me! i think the spoiler looks much better, where did you get if from as i need one badly..

[ QUOTE ]
Mark, here's a pic of mine on Eibach springs, boot is empty apart from Andymac, stealth sub btw.

32735-loweredS3%20copy.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers dude that does look better, but then again I think it helps that you have got weight in the boot from the 4 wheel drive system.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mark, here's a pic of mine on Eibach springs, boot is empty apart from Andymac, stealth sub btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers dude that does look better, but then again I think it helps that you have got weight in the boot from the 4 wheel drive system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but Eiback sets the spring rates for individual cars, and with the S3(different rear suspension and set up to yours), this is how it sits. So I'm baffled why the rear end is so high on yours? even with 50kg(at most) of ballast removed.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but Eiback sets the spring rates for individual cars, and with the S3(different rear suspension and set up to yours), this is how it sits. So I'm baffled why the rear end is so high on yours? even with 50kg(at most) of ballast removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoke to Eibach the other day about it and they said that there are 2 kits available. Pro and Sport.

The pro for mine drops in 30mm at the front and 25mm at the rear. So that would explain it.