Turbo Timer

DamoS3

Reaction score
Is it possible to install a turbo timer on a S3?

The S3 already has a electric pump that circulates coolant around the turbo's jacket to help it cool down, after the engine has been shut off.

besides the fact leaving a car running unatteneded is illegal in the uk.

certainly on public roads/ land it is.

the other answer is yes of course you can as long as you can figure out how to wire it into the alarm / imobiliser etc.

but as stated above I wouldn't really bother, sinse I got my new engine I have been even more careful to drive like a bit of a granny for the last few mins driving, and if I have had to pull out of a busy side road etc and give it some close to the end of my journey I tend to sit in the car for a few mins.

I'm sure most people don't bother but I don't fancy ever needing a new block or turbo again unless it's a bigger one.

[ QUOTE ]
The S3 already has a electric pump that circulates coolant around the turbo's jacket to help it cool down, after the engine has been shut off.

besides the fact leaving a car running unatteneded is illegal in the uk.

certainly on public roads/ land it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the S3 does have this device to help cool the turbo after a drive, but it is COOLANT that is being circulated. It is still benefitial to cool the turbo down with mild driving - off boost - for the last 1-2 miles of your journey, as it is the circulating of the oil that keeps the turbo in good nick.

Thanks guys, sometimes the gf( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif) drives the car, thats why am afraid the turbo may not get a chance to cool down. I`l just have to bar her from driving it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Your called DAMO and you got an S3 too???

Spookey!

Awesome GTI store sell the modules which allow the turbo timer to be compatible with the S3 remote alarm etc.

The Jojo is right, it is the oil feed to the turbo spindle bearing which keeps the turbo in good condition.

After running on boost then shutting down the turbo can continue to spin down on dry bearings.