Handling problems...

Mattwurbo

Reaction score
Hi guys.

someone please help with my problem.

I am currently banned from driving but have bit the bullet and purchased a 2000 plate AMK engine S3 8L with all intentions of trying to achieve approx 350bhp by the time I'm driving again (April 2014)

The previous owner took me for a test drive i noticed the car pulling about a bit. When I got out of the car I was bowled over by how clean and straight the bodywork was and put the problem to the back of my mind.
When my brother picked the car up for me he noticed the problem too and suspects its the bushes. If someone can confirm this is the case then the car will definately be getting polybushes all round, but as I don't know loads about cars and could only be described as a complete novice with modifications.
i also feel the need to state the car has done 129k miles but has full history and sounds fine.
Would any of you more experienced guys be dubious at putting money into modifying a car with such mileage???

many thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to look at this and give advice

Search the threads for s3 buying guide common faults , all the common faults are in there , I think it's a stickie at the top of the a3 8l forum page.

And no to high mileage worries...... A lot of lads on here have tuned and run high mileage variants. I think prawns is on 170k and its his track car running 350+bhp.

Sean

worn out blinker fluid maybe?

Who knows without you checking things, tyres could be too hard or too soft, bushes could be shot or soft, bearings could be hanging off, wishbones could be hanging off, tracking could be miles out, shocks could be empty of oil, springs could be snapped. Lots to check tbh