A3 8L wheels and spacers

blakie46

Reaction score
​Hi, i am new on here but i need some advice. I have a A3 8l and i will be fitting a set of BMW mv1 wheels to it. The problem i have got is the wheels on it now have a offset of et38 and the bmw rear wheels have a offset of et50. The adaptors i need to fit these wheels are 20mm wide. I would like 2 know if this is the right thickness to fit these wheels. The fronts have a offset of et47 and will be using the same 20mm adaptors on them, anyone know if i will have any problems with fitting the fronts. Also if anyone has advice about fitting wheels with a offset of et50 to my A3 i would appreciate it..

How wide are the BMW rims? The 20mm adaptors will make the rears ET30 and the fronts ET27. I think with the right tyres, they will fit with no issues.

The wheels are 225/49/18 in front and 255/30/18 on rears. Do you think that will cause any problems? And 20mm spacers will work?

The wheels are 225/49/18 in front and 255/30/18 on rears. Do you think that will cause any problems? And 20mm spacers will work?

I wanted to know the rim widths, 255 rear tyres are not going to fit under the rear arches I think, and it would suggest a wide rim, so 20mm spacers might not be enough?