Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    4th Gear

Status

BBS Speedline help

Hi,

I just got a cheap set of 18" Audi BBS Speedline alloys.

They were off an 8P S3, so am I right in assuming the offset on them is 54?

I'm fitting them to an 8L so I'll need PCD adapters (5x112 -> 5x100), reading around the H&R ones are best and the only ones to go for?

The average price for the adapters is £125, is that for a pair? so to fit the alloys I'd need two sets? ( ouch! )

If I get 25mm adapters is it correct that I'll end up with an offset of 29? and if I get 20mm I'll end up with 34 which is pretty much OEM?

I need to get them refurbed as one is properly manky and they've all been curbed a little. The rim is diamond cut ribbley grooves. I have been given the option - during refurb - to have this redone/recut and lacquered or to get the rims just powder coated.

I'm not bothered but the straight powder coat will probably be easier to maintain and less worry in the future? opinions?

Also I've seen some very tasty looking pics of the spokes being done in a darker silver/gunmetal grey, my S3 is Dolphin grey so I'm interested in opinions on whether to keep them OEM silver or go with a custom two tone?

Cheers, Liam

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    If you need these refurbing, give me a shout, we do these wheels daily.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Maz
    Moon is made of green cheese

Status
    Hi Liam, found those missing horses yet?

I'd go for either a crackle grey centre with silver lip or all grey with silver studs.

Make sure you get the spacing right and it will look pretty good, shame you will need two sets of adaptors but that's the price you pay if you want to stand out from the crowd.

Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]

Erf
    1st Gear

Status
    Got the 19" versions on our A6 Avant. Great wheels. Or at least they were until my wife got her hands on the car...would love to see them on the 8L.
    Silver 2002 S3 - Alloy Mirrors - RNS-E - Parrot MKI9200 - Beesting Ariel - Stealth Catch Can - S2000 Air Filter - R32 Rear ARB

Oyster Grey 2008 A6 Avant S-Line 2.0TDI DPF

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    If you need these refurbing, give me a shout, we do these wheels daily.
    Ta, PM'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Hi Liam, found those missing horses yet?

I'd go for either a crackle grey centre with silver lip or all grey with silver studs.

Make sure you get the spacing right and it will look pretty good, shame you will need two sets of adaptors but that's the price you pay if you want to stand out from the crowd.
    Hehe - no ... and I've been looking around Tescos for them aswell! Yeah I know - expensive but soo much prettier than my manky old avus wheels.

Crackle grey? Got any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Erf View Post
    Got the 19" versions on our A6 Avant. Great wheels. Or at least they were until my wife got her hands on the car...would love to see them on the 8L.
    oooops. I'm waiting for someone to tell me the 18"s are a waste of time and I should have got the 19"s ..

Liam

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

Maz
    Moon is made of green cheese

Status
    Have a search for S3_Kev's Euro S3 thread, don't feel too bad when you notice the size of them .

Never mind we all know 19s for show 18s for GOOOOOO!

Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Have a search for S3_Kev's Euro S3 thread, don't feel too bad when you notice the size of them .

Never mind we all know 19s for show 18s for GOOOOOO!
    Ta for that.

I might have my centres done in Mineral Grey so I don't feel too crap about only having a Dolphin Grey S3