Suspension Bushes Query

*P3nfold*

Reaction score
My front wishbone rear bush has split on "Alice" and needs replacing so I looked into OEM as a replacement based on various posts, chatting with both Ben and Tuffty. I found I need the solid variant not voided as suggested.

I figured as the wishbones will be off that I might as well replace the fronts as well with powerflex code PFF3-501. This seems to be the best combination I believe from my findings.

So besides Tuffty is anyone else running this setup and have an option they could share on the handling and longevity? I really dont fancy replacing the rear bush again in a years time as its a pig of job.

Also while I am mentioning bushes, I have the s3dave rear adjustable arm which are polybushed but the OEM arm is standard, so again I was wondering is it worth polybushing the standard arm at circa £60 for parts?

Last edited:
Just ordered the Powerflex Wishbones from Eurocarparts for £31.28 delivered. So not complaining there lol.

Thanks s3dave for contacting me regarding the rear bushes. One day I will get another adjustable maybe when I go coilovers.

Everyone will now tell you that you are mental and should have purchased the Superpro caster bushes.

Everyone will now tell you that you are mental and should have purchased the Superpro caster bushes.

Funny you mentioned that but tuffty, pointed me in the direction of Prawn thread as he is running them I believe. I will leave the innovators to play and looking at the cost of the kit no chance lol.

My only concern with the caster bushes is my lack of understanding and the cost.

Funny you mentioned that but tuffty, pointed me in the direction of Prawn thread as he is running them I believe. I will leave the innovators to play and looking at the cost of the kit no chance lol.

My only concern with the caster bushes is my lack of understanding and the cost.

£20 more, 1* of caster which apparently makes turn in much sharper.

Not really innovative but supposedly a good upgrade.

I went for standard Powerflex bushes and they are very good, but everyone keeps telling me superpro ones are much much better.

I'm happy with mine so you should be too.

£20 more, 1* of caster which apparently makes turn in much sharper.

Not really innovative but supposedly a good upgrade.

I went for standard Powerflex bushes and they are very good, but everyone keeps telling me superpro ones are much much better.

I'm happy with mine so you should be too.

That is interesting, regarding the caster kit making the turning sharper, I know its tight but with the engine rebuild and hybird turbo, the FD (wife) will kick my *** if I keep spending on "Alice".

Actually just wondering do you know what s3dave uses on this adj rear arms, are they superpro?

I am happy and so will my children be, they complain the S3 does feel quite like my old MK3 golf, so hopefully this will tighten up the handling.

Just read your thread on Jamex coilovers, this maybe an option if she does not feel right for future thoughts.

Last edited:
I am sure you will love it, it makes a big difference stiffening it all up.

Personally having "missed the boat" with the Superpro bushes I am saving for a set of adjustable top mounts like Prawn has. Might be an option for you?

I don't know what Dave has, but I do know he is awesome.

90% of people will never really notice the gain from caster bushes on the road though. If on track a lot then sure but no point on a road car tbh. You`ll be more than happy with what you`ve chosen to fit.

I am sure you will love it, it makes a big difference stiffening it all up.

Personally having "missed the boat" with the Superpro bushes I am saving for a set of adjustable top mounts like Prawn has. Might be an option for you?

I don't know what Dave has, but I do know he is awesome.

I've not heard of adjustable top mounts before. Could you post up some links please?

Totally agreed regarding Dave, hes a top lad.

90% of people will never really notice the gain from caster bushes on the road though. If on track a lot then sure but no point on a road car tbh. You`ll be more than happy with what you`ve chosen to fit.

Cheers Jason, hopefully in a few week this will be all done and will resolve not only issue with split bush but rear arm location and give the car a better feel.

While on the subject of polybushing, my dogbone bush has been upgraded to a Red TDI type, but the small end is OE. Does it make sense to do this at some point?

I'm thinking about replacing all my bushes but am kinda unsure what would be the best setup when wou want perfect handling but with decent comfort to. Thinking about mixing powerflex regular and some powerflex black but really don't have any idea what would be the best.
Anyone that have some experience with this ? What bushes would you choose if you should replace your old ones?