recirc valve

Define uprated... they are not really uprated, they have until recently been a down grade lol...

Forge 007p is a serviceable valve and will outlast the OE ones in general but OE ones are as good at doing the job...

<tuffty/>

Define uprated... they are not really uprated, they have until recently been a down grade lol...

Forge 007p is a serviceable valve and will outlast the OE ones in general but OE ones are as good at doing the job...

<tuffty/>

Has this changed now then are the DV's forge churn out better quality/more reliable now or still prone to leaking and failing as many have commented on here?

OEM valves being sold now are fine as they have always been and considerably cheaper;)

I hear the 710N used in the rs6 is the best oem valve to go for. Theyre only £30 odd too. Thats what im going to get i think.

Hi I'm new to the thread. I bought a 1998 Audi A3 1.8t. It came with a baileys atmospheric dump valve. I want to get rid of this dv and fit a recirc but I'm not sure on how to do this as the previous seems to have welded the dv on the boost pipe which I didn't think was the correct way of doing this. If you could advise me on fitting that would be much appreciated. Also will I need to get a new boost pipe or can I blank off were the current dv is?
IMG 0603IMG 0622

I hear the 710N used in the rs6 is the best oem valve to go for. Theyre only £30 odd too. Thats what im going to get i think.

I wonder if anyone has any experience of this, and would it need mapping to work right or would it work fine on an unmapped engine?

Im also wondering other than sound maybe and the fact that a forge could be modified with different springs for different boost levels etc what the hell is the difference, I'm running a bog standard 225 BAM with a cone filter but want to start getting it tuned up what way do I go?

Dump valves don't need mapping or tuning.... the Forge spring thing is a myth... you only realistically need a green spring

<tuffty/>

Nice one tuffty, might have to give the 710n a go.