ESP/ABS Error Code

Boydave

Reaction score
Hi all

I have an ESP/ABS fault (both lights come on and stay on until ignition is turned off), I recently plugged the car into my m8s VAGCOM
It came back with error code 04FF – a longitudinal acceleration sensor.
I've tried doing a search but nothing matched.
I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about this sensor, or have come across this problem in the past, wouldn’t mind knowing what kind of damage I’m looking at
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don’t even know where it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Cheers BD

Hi m8

Had the same lights on recently but fortunatly it was a brake sensor and cost about £6. When i was investigating the problem i came accross the longitudinal sensor and i think they are quite expensive. For some reason £700 rings a bell hope im wrong. Not sure where they are located.

I too remember a post about it, iirc there are two one expensive and the other astonomical! IIIrc too, one is located behind the centre console, not sure as I only have ABS not ESP

I feel sick all of a sudden /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif, lol

Thanks guys, first I just need to find where the sensor is hidden so I can test them with a multimeter, don't fancy going to a dealers, so they can have my pants down, just yet.

I’m told there are 2 of these sensors.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
Thanks very much m8
you were spot on, its behind the glovebox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif