s3 catback flow better the tqs?

James TQ

Reaction score
i dont want to spend £500 odd on a millteck, i have an a3 tqs and with minor modding a s3 cat back will fit... im going to get the rear resonated section cut out but it it flattens out and i was wondering if the s3 is a higher flow if i bought one and cut the resonater out and welded a pipe in?

Catbacks don't add anything in the way of power untill your custom mapping for high power, happy to be corrected here, they are just for a nicer exhaust note and every little helps etc. On that basis if your after performance gains you'll be dissapointed so you'll be doing it for noise so either remove the mid silencer and baffles from the back box of your current one and see what that sounds like or buy a used one or a powerflow etc custom for 280 notes

it would be restricting, i got a 3inch dp and decat then it goes to like 2" standard to it would be slightly restrictive, would like a nicer sound too, is s3 a higher flow?

The S3 is 2.5" bore as standard where as yours will be 2.25 im guessing so it will flow better and as standard the S3 doesnt sound too bad so might make yours sound nicer matched up to your downpipe.