Hunter alignment

vanilla_ice

Reaction score
Hi,

Going for a four wheel alignment at a local garage found on Welcome to Align My Car. They have a hunter dsp600 alignment machine.

They have already checked my current alingment using one of the 'presets' on the machine, I think is was A3/S3 sports suspension. They couldn't make adjustments due to seized tie bar adjusters. I have since sourced some new adjusters.

My S3 has B8's and H&R springs. Is using this 'preset' as a starting point likely to cause alignment issues as it isnt a true reflection of my setup?

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm going back on Tuesday and would like to make sure I get it done right.

Opinions please.

The garage my mate works at have just had the Hunter system installed and he told me if i tell him what i want it set up to... he will set it to stock and work it from there?

Wheres that at paul as mine needs doing quite badly now and with the suspension done i think its about time i did it.

My car is running Koni coilovers KW rear tiebars and moddified wishbones for more adjustability.
Thats about it for things that can requier setting up. ARB and wheels are just bolt on parts.
When i asked him about the set up abilities of the system ( because stock values arent always what customers want ) he said all the sensors will read what the car is doing so... if you know what you want to achieve... its perfectly doable.

Thanks mate.

Will get them to start from the standard 'preset' and go from there.

Aiming for:

-1.0 to -1.2 degrees negative camber at the front with parallel toe
-0.5 to -1.0 degrees negative camber at the rear with parallel toe.

Don't want to be eating my tyres too quickly.