audi s3 powerplaying up in 4th, 5th, 6th gear?

barlow S5

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help

I have and Audi S3 2000 model and in 4th, 5th an 6th gear there is no power the boost is up and down on the boost gauge until you get just over 5 thousand revs and then it goes like **** off a shovel. It is fine in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.

i have tried the following
  • air flow meter
  • n75 valve
  • new coil packs
  • new spark plugs
  • fuel filter
  • took the car to a rolling road to get it mapped but it does not show the computer but he can see the problem but doesn't know whats wrong with it.
  • cleaned all oil breathers and injectors
I have tried taking the small air pipe of the achuator and the boost will hold problem seems much better but still not quite wright. the power still seems to kick in just over five thousand revs but it is alot better without it on.

please help it is doing my head in now!!!

cheers Tom

In the nicest possible way...take it to somebody who knows what they are doing.

Where are you based?

I have tried taking the small air pipe of the achuator and the boost will hold problem seems much better but still not quite wright. the power still seems to kick in just over five thousand revs but it is alot better without it on.

Let me try and understand this........... You have take OFF the actuator pipe and it will boost "better" but not kick in to 5krpm?

ie.. No boost control what so ever... and it wont spool till 5krpm?

Do I read this description right? What boost does it actually get to like this?

I am based in blackburn lancashire.

It will bost at 18 psi with achuator pipe off it creates a boost leak and will boost at 21 psi. the boost kicks in as it should but holds back untill just over 5krpm and boosts as it should?

I am based in blackburn lancashire.

It will bost at 18 psi with achuator pipe off it creates a boost leak and will boost at 21 psi. the boost kicks in as it should but holds back untill just over 5krpm and boosts as it should?

I must be having a senior moment or something...

no pipe to wastegate actuator at all yes? the pipe from n75 to wastegate actuator you have disconnected...
and......... you get 18psi max boost?

I dont understand what you say by "it creates a boost leak and will boost at 21 psi"

If there is no wastegate control at all......... initial spool would be >30psi or more (bang zone for rods) and when revs rise, Flat Out a healhty k04 would hold 18psi... (after 5krpm)

if all yours can do is 18psi with nothing to open the wastegate, the turbos not well.. wg stuck open partly perhaps, turbo cracked internally etc etc etc