Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    6th Gear

Status

No bonnet open warning?!Wiring diagram please for clocks/locks

As above, I know danio supplied me some but i cant for the life of me find them!

I am finally getting around to fitting my bigger washer bottle and low warning, but tonight the alarm was playing silly buggers.

The bonnet up warning on the dash has never worked as far as i know, but the dash was from another car so i think maybe the wires are a little different, I had to use VCDS to find the fault that the car should be capable of displaying i think!

Clocks are from a 2002 tdi quattro. Door open warning works fine.

Is there anything else that manages these warnings?
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

2. # ADS
    ADS

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    My car does not show when the bonnet is open, unlike the doors and boot, is it supposed to?
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

6th Gear

Status
    I just assumed it was, and if it does then this would have saved me pulling the vcds out !
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Yeah there's no bonnet open warning. If the bonnet is opened whilst car is alarmed it will trigger it though.

6th Gear

Status
    It was bizaar, it must have opened in the cold after a long run this afternoon. Then the alarm went off, and it wouldnt re arm, only ever did this before when i had an iffy door switch. Ive just unplugged the bonnet switch for now.

2nd Gear

Status
    its a shame there is no warning on the dash that the bonnets open, that would be nice. aparently the switch it supposed to stop the wipers from working when the bonnets open

AUDI-MANIACS.COM

Status
    Hi after a long break.There is a bonnet warning lamp on dis and it can be connected however now it is not wired up to the clocks. It must be something different that trigger your alarm.Still need those diagrams???
    Currently not in the country

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danio View Post
    Hi after a long break.There is a bonnet warning lamp on dis and it can be connected however now it is not wired up to the clocks. It must be something different that trigger your alarm.Still need those diagrams???
    Sure danio, would be awesome, how much extra work to wire the DIS warning in? is there a contact already on the loom or is this needing a new wire from the bonnet switch? Do you know the pin number on the cluster?

Im also thinking about wiring in the lamp failure warnings too, any info on those or could i just make up a simple controller and output to the clocks?

It was defo the bonnet switch caused the alarm, vcds told me so :P

AUDI-MANIACS.COM

Status
    Right pin for the bonnet on the cluster is 25 on the green socket.

Sensor from the bonnet lock already should be wired to the scuttle panel but I don't remember which pin is that, however will let you know on Saturday.

To fit warning light system I have to say it is not an easy job. First just have a look under a steering wheel where all relays are for relay number 381 or just make me a photo. You might have it all system already on the car.
    Currently not in the country