Tinted mirror glass (some have it, some don't)

s3mad_dude

Noggies ruuuule!
Reaction score
I used to own a pre-facelift 2000 Audi S3 in Brilliant Black. It had the standard body coloured mirrors and the wing mirror glass was a light tinted blue colour.

8 years later and I've always wondered why my facelift 2002 S3 has standard wing mirror glass (i.e no tint). This one came with aluminium mirrors from the factory - could that be why? Or were pre-facelifts always tinted? Or is it to do with the paint colour??

Why did my previous S3 have tinted mirror glass and my current S3 doesn't - just wondered.......

Mine are both silver but I did have the chav ripped off mirrors mod done a few years back :mad:

My a3 sport is blue tinted, found this out when a chav on a pushbike rode into one of them! its a facelift 2002.

I used to own a pre-facelift 2000 Audi S3 in Brilliant Black. It had the standard body coloured mirrors and the wing mirror glass was a light tinted blue colour.

8 years later and I've always wondered why my facelift 2002 S3 has standard wing mirror glass (i.e no tint). This one came with aluminium mirrors from the factory - could that be why? Or were pre-facelifts always tinted? Or is it to do with the paint colour??

Why did my previous S3 have tinted mirror glass and my current S3 doesn't - just wondered.......

My 2000 Jetta/Bora in the US had the blue tint, too.

My 2000 PFL has blue tint mirror glass and standard body coloured caps.