getting round to oil change time, best type and place to buy?

russwuss

Reaction score
Hi All,

It's getting round to servicing time on the S3.. looks like it was switched to interval servicing at 71,000 miles - according to the book it's only had 3 services since then (now on 138,000 now!!)

Want to do the service myself, read so many forums / thread on the best oil to use.. many say Quantum 5w40 others Fuchs.. I can't seem to find the Quantum Oil for cheaper than £28 delivered - cheapest I've seen is this one Fuchs TITAN SUPERSYN 5W-40 High Performance, Fully Synthetic, Engine Oil has anyone used this before?

Thanks!

I have used the Fuchs before... used to use it all the time but I have access to Quantum so use that now

I would use it again... I would also look to change your intervals to 12 months or 6-9k miles... oil and filter is cheap enough to do this and the engine will thank you for it :)

<tuffty/>

Hi tuffty,

thanks for the very quick reply.. I will pick some up tomorrow.

regarding the intervals don't worry I will, plan is to do it at least once a year - only had the car a month so just trying to catch up on the servicing and mechanical side of things. Next thing on the list is obviously the B5 TIP (contacted Bill yesterday) :D

thanks again, Adam.