**RESOLVED**Received Relentless downpipe with a shipping bill from China...WHAT??!?!

marlow77

Reaction score
So I received this from Sam Bryant who I'd imagine most people get their Relentless stuff from? I was told they're an American co who he is the UK distributor for, so then why has this downpipe and decat come from China??!?!?

I've no idea about quality of these things but it seems good quality...

Last edited:
AFAIK the stuff Sam deals with is typically shipped straight from the US... the stuff is made in china so I would imagine that due to the large amount of these that get sold Relentless have shipped straight from manufacturing

<tuffty/>

Official word from Sam B to put this to bed...

To summarise... XS Power USA and Relentless 'make' the kit, XS Power UK is an independent distributor and not anything to do with the XS Power USA and Relentless business other than it sells their products

<tuffty/>

To put it further to bed relentless dont make them either............ they are from china!

Correct... XS Power USA and Relentless do the R&D and get them made in china...

<tuffty/>

^^

So that's hardly "distributing" is it. You need to have the goods in your possession to be able to "distribute". That's a middle man ordering stuff for you from a place you could order it yourself and probably adding a cut...

How much is the bill? For a set of $35 solid bushs it cost me £12 import and tax fees, was well ******.

As far as I am aware Sam just facilitates the sales... he doesn't take anything from them but I'll get him to post his views...

<tuffty/>

I mean correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm a huge noob with this type of stuff, don't wanna give anyone a bad name but I pm'd the guy and he's ignored it when he could've explained the situation, and I ain't paying the shipping bill that came with it.

So what if it is? The fact I wasn't made aware beforehand there would be this bill is rather shoddy buisness ethic...

Marlow how much is it? How did you pay? Did you ask if their would be any further financial costs after the intial payment?

Tbh that is cheap for what you have. So what about my other 2 questions?

Thought u meant how did I pay the bill. I paid through paypal and why am I going to ask if there's any further costs when it is STRONGLY implied that shipping is from within the UK?? After all that is how "distribution" works no?

Drop shipping
i always do it
saves me haveing loads of stock shipping etc
and if theres import duty thats how it goes.

Thought u meant how did I pay the bill. I paid through paypal and why am I going to ask if there's any further costs when it is STRONGLY implied that shipping is from within the UK?? After all that is how "distribution" works no?

does it really matter where it was shipped from ?

Does it matter that possible further charges are going to incur? No course not, why should it? Are you real?

Im asking because if you had asked then you can setup a paypal claim to claim the charges back. Well seeming as the company sam deals with is a usa company id have asked, sam is just a middle man at tje end of the day.

So you either pay the fees and try to claim them back or dont pay them and be down on a downpipe and decat and out of pocket.

did you pay it ?
have you given the supplier a chance to reply
the bill you have may have been sorted by the supplier and was put in by mistake

i dont just want to just throw in my 2 pence here but im with marlow on this. iv looked into getting the relentless stuff and iv searched high and low for other cheaper alternatives. you can bulk buy these product for china for a fraction of the cost and im sure alot of people have the veiw that its all tat when infact its not. if the product is stamped or marked with relentless it would suggest that it is made specifically for them and not just one from the end of a production line. but if it is sent form china to his home address he will pick up any import duty that has to be paid. he has paid for the item and postage why should he pay extra if its be delivered from factory. the guy has made his cut no matter when its shipped from but from what i can see here hes got away without paying for import???

if it was import they wouldnt have relesed the parcel unless it was paid

does it really matter where it was shipped from ?

i dont think it matters where its shipped from but if hes got to pay import after paying for postage shouldn't he have been notified?

Drop shipping
i always do it
saves me haveing loads of stock shipping etc
and if theres import duty thats how it goes.

Surely there would be no un-mentioned additional charge to the buyer, I'd certainly tell them to feck off, as marlow77!

i dont think it matters where its shipped from but if hes got to pay import after paying for postage shouldn't he have been notified?

read his post he aint paid the bill yet
so it cant be import tax as they would never deliver the parcel till its paid
he needs to chat to the supplier about it
last time i got a delivery from canade i paid import i knew i had to.
and also recived an extra invoice in the package.
it was for $137 but that was already paid by the supplier but was just stuck in anyway.
thats why i said he need to chat to the supplier and how long has he gave them to reply to his PM

?
So you either pay the fees and try to claim them back or dont pay them and be down on a downpipe and decat and out of pocket.

I have the pipe etc. They don't knock the door and say pay the fee or we don't give u the goods...

i have recieved items from outside the EU and had bill for import tax/duty weeks after i just hope it gets sorted as im on the verge of making the same purchase

Hi guys, just thought I would clear a few things up. On the 17th feb Marlow was told relentless is a USA based company. Also these manifolds are our own, not some cheap bulk crap, hence why they have our logo and box and can only be bought from relentless. Don't get confused with cheap copies.
What Marlow has received is not a import bill, it's a inspection fee that we have no control over.
Thanks
sam

Hi guys, just thought I would clear a few things up. On the 17th feb Marlow was told relentless is a USA based company. Also these manifolds are our own, not some cheap bulk crap, hence why they have our logo and box and can only be bought from relentless. Don't get confused with cheap copies.
What Marlow has received is not a import bill, it's a inspection fee that we have no control over.
Thanks
sam

sorted there you go

Reactions: sambryant
Right the precise charge is for VAT and a Clearance Adminstration Charge. It says total amount due in my name, the name of sender, some chinese guy, obv Sam's name isn't involved on the invoice.

sorted there you go

lol what is sorted??? Saying Relentless are US based and that "WE ARE THEIR UK DISTRIBUTOR" does NOT imply they simply place an order to ship direct from USA to you!! But the point is anyway, even if that WAS made the clear (which it wasn't) , the whole point I'm making is I wasn't made aware of possible future charges. That's it. The issue. On a plate.

The other OP issue was I intially got worried it was some shoddy item as soon as I saw it was from China which has been cleared up, the item is good and genuine, no problems there.

Right the precise charge is for VAT and a Clearance Adminstration Charge. It says total amount due in my name, the name of sender, some chinese guy, obv Sam's name isn't involved on the invoice.
Correct, you the importer are responsibile for the import charges, like it or not, it's how it is. They would have opened it to check what was int here to compare against the declared value. That charge is passed to you, it's just how it is. In fact had this come for the US it would probably have cost you about 3 times more on import duty and VAT too

All imported goods over a certain value are subject to import duty and VAT... that is law... I am aware that some people have got away with not paying this on their purchases from Relentless but others (like yourself) haven't...

If you believe you have been misinformed about the prospect of paying import duties then I suggest you take this up with Sam

<tuffty/>

have you got a link to the listing ad
for the part ?

It has been taken up with him. He is going to make customers more aware in future.

anything over £150 for motor parts is the threshold for duty

Drop shipping isn't good. eBay bans people who do this. To sell an item you need to have it in your possession. However if the items still a good deal, pay it. Otherwise Sam will be forced to increase the cost for everyone to cover potential losses. If you don't agree on the contract terms initiate a PayPal claim, but to do this and get a refund you need to reship to china at your own expense and possibly incur a restocking fee.

have you got a link to the listing ad
for the part ?

No was all dealt with direct through facebook. Point has been made now.

CLIFFS:

I receive a part from China with extra costs that I expected was coming from within the UK from a UK distributor of USA goods.

Naturally insta worry it's some shoddy fake (BECAUSE ITS FROM CHINA)

Also annoyed wasn't made aware future costs might incur.

Message said distributor about problem.

Message was "seen" and ignored, obviously more worry ensues as result about geniuneness etc, thus creating post in here and on the fb group page. Wouldn't have done that had initial pm been answered.

Finally get through.

Made very clear part is genuine by others aswell as himself.

Distributor recognises his business pitfalls and states better communications will be in effect for future deals.

/thread

Last edited:
I thought it was widely know that there was possibility of charges of this kind when buying Relentless products? There still dam good value. Also most things bought in USA are made in China.

Surely everyone knows the deal with Sam and relentless? As said in the second reply, Sam merely facilitates the sale, nothing more, and this is widely known and has never been hidden.

You imported something, you pay import tax. Simples.

Last edited: