Car bra for the A3?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject is one available for the A3? As I know the Golf's, Beetles etc... have them.

Cheers Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

is it a 34C by any chance? LOL

was only kidding, they look pretty kool tho, my concern would be, does it effect the paint finish after awhile, ie faded?

[ QUOTE ]
was only kidding, they look pretty kool tho, my concern would be, does it effect the paint finish after awhile, ie faded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this, but if it protects the front from stone chips etc..

cheaper to get a respray??? what 200sheets, how much do these leather bra's cost anyways?

[ QUOTE ]
cheaper to get a respray??? what 200sheets, how much do these leather bra's cost anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see what you are saying.

So you are planning breasts for your car as a next mod lol.

Car bra's are nasty man - avoid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

would be more than £200, you have the bumper and the bonnet, the bonnet would be £150 alone (min- just had a quote!) then the front edges of the wings get peppered as well...

Also once you have a respray, because of the enforced water content in paint these days (therefore its very very soft) that even with the slow baking process the stone chips will occur again but a lot quicker than with the factory finish...

With my car being black, i dont think a bra would look that bad...certainly worth keeping the car as good as new rather than spend £3 - £400 every year on keeping it pristine with resprays...

Surely a black bra on your car would make it look like a banana thats been in the fruit bowl a little too long??

Armourfend, is that like a tough, but invisible plastic layer that just sticks onto the car body? The same guy who did my tints has got something similar done to his car, and I'm def thinking about getting it done on a few places on mine (with motorway driving it makes all the difference.

similar stuff that we use, probably the same if the truth be known, btw i wrap cars with graphics! oh what joy, lol

[ QUOTE ]
Alternatively...

Armourfend

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know anyone that has used it? Also do you know what sort of price you are looking at for it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alternatively...

Armourfend

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know anyone that has used it? Also do you know what sort of price you are looking at for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAIK, Glen(EssThree) has it on his porker, and s3mon has it on his slightly tweaked S3.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alternatively...

Armourfend

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its about £300. I've seen it on a couple of cars and its very discreet. If they done have a template for your car, they will do it as a one off as their HQ for you. I enquired when i fitted the RS bumper, but had a couple of stone hips on it already so thought there wasnt much point for the time being. Its worth doing though.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alternatively...

Armourfend

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its about £300. I've seen it on a couple of cars and its very discreet. If they done have a template for your car, they will do it as a one off as their HQ for you. I enquired when i fitted the RS bumper, but had a couple of stone hips on it already so thought there wasnt much point for the time being. Its worth doing though.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Just recieved my Email from them. So I'll see what it says.

i think the black car-bras look daft. why spend loads on mods or flash cars to cover them up? sure, for protection, but seriously, unless u often drive on gravel i doubt u'll get too many stonechips.

then again, if that film stuff works & doesn't ruin the look of the car, it might be worth a go.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alternatively...

Armourfend

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any luck?

[ QUOTE ]
i think the black car-bras look daft. why spend loads on mods or flash cars to cover them up? sure, for protection, but seriously, unless u often drive on gravel i doubt u'll get too many stonechips.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't do many miles.

Motorway mileage invokes something commonly known as 'Road Rash'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Motorway mileage invokes something commonly known as 'Road Rash'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Road rash was a quality game on the megadrive, ohh the gud old days

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alternatively...

Armourfend

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any luck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've got the prices and I think I will be getting the whole car done, but I've got my car booked in at the bodyshop to get the front bumper altered. So I don't want to have it applied before that is done.

Will get it done sometime towards the end of November I would imagine.

Mark.

[ QUOTE ]
bumper altered already? what you having done this time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Breasts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bumper altered already? what you having done this time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting the number plate recess fully smoothed out and smoothed into bumper as I am not happy with it at the moment.

It was supposed to be smoothed, but I think the wrong end of the stick was taken from the Photoshop I produced for the body shop.

Oh well it will sorted soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That will look good mate. Get a small plate to replace it with and it will look sweet! Going to get mine smoothed .etc sometime. Remove washer covers, have the cut outs for the intercooler pipework built up and smoothed in to make it look proper .etc

I like the look your achieving. All subtle, but all good.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
That will look good mate. Get a small plate to replace it with and it will look sweet! Going to get mine smoothed .etc sometime. Remove washer covers, have the cut outs for the intercooler pipework built up and smoothed in to make it look proper .etc

I like the look your achieving. All subtle, but all good.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I hasn't got a plate on the front at the moment it's in the front window! It has been smoothed, but not how I wanted it. Will be flat and part of the bumper soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

we do a whole range of car bra for the full audi range ffrom audi TT Mk1. Mk2 to A3 , RS4. please have a look at our website, we are the only uk supplier of car bra (auto Bra) for all makes of vehicles for either just the bonnet or full bumper and bonnet versions. if one is not listed then i'm sure we can get one created for you.

got mine this mornin from u to autobra.

Jaywoo have u had any problems with the bra fouling the wings when trying to shut the bonnet?