Best place to buy?

burns3

Reaction score
In need of brake pads on the old girl and looking to try the ferodo ds2500 for the fronts, just wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to buy them from for price and good delivery times.

Need them pretty sharpish though so any advice be good advice :)

Badger 5 :)

Bill normally keeps DS2500's for Brembos in stock

<tuffty/>

Sweeet, i'll give him a ring on my dinner.

Cheers tuffty, helpful as ever

covered in brake dust? don't you have black wheels? :lol:

i found the difference in dust between 2500's and 3000's not really noticable at all, both make a mess, just clean the wheels once a week.

3000's are worlds apart from 2500's on stopping power though, and on a car with 450bhp, I'd want all the stopping power I can get. They're only about £20 more through Bill and they're utterly fantastic!

covered in brake dust? don't you have black wheels? :lol:

i found the difference in dust between 2500's and 3000's not really noticable at all, both make a mess, just clean the wheels once a week.

3000's are worlds apart from 2500's on stopping power though, and on a car with 450bhp, I'd want all the stopping power I can get. They're only about £20 more through Bill and they're utterly fantastic!

I do have black wheels but the cars yellow and the whole sides of my white integra ended up black/ginger off dixcel pads lol

Its ONLY 445 anyway so sure they would of been fine but went for the 3000 anyway :)

I didnt buy the car to clean it either lol ;)

Cheers bill for sorting me out and essflee for the pm

you won't regret it mate, unlike some, ds3000's have savage bite from first press when cold, and only go on to get better and better with heat!

Are the 3000's ok for a Stg1 S3 with stock calipers/ Brembo HC discs? Or are they overkill?

Probably.
I guess it depends on if you fade your current pads when driving fast

you won't regret it mate, unlike some, ds3000's have savage bite from first press when cold, and only go on to get better and better with heat!

I cant wait to try them out now :)

Are the 3000's ok for a Stg1 S3 with stock calipers/ Brembo HC discs? Or are they overkill?

Wouldn't have thought you could have brakes that are too good lol ;)

Not really. But then I'm not really driving to the limits of my car on a day-to-day basis.I'd just really love some extra 'bite' at the pedal.

Not really. But then I'm not really driving to the limits of my car on a day-to-day basis.I'd just really love some extra 'bite' at the pedal.

Well i've not tried them yet but if prawn says there good i'm sure they will be. Give them ago and when you want to take your car too the limit atleast you know you can stop better than you probably can now.

Having driven an S3 with ds3000's on stock 312mm brakes, I was seriously impressed, but they're fairly hard to get hold of for 312mm calipers, and 2500's are a decent improvement over stock anyway.

In Ians case, with crazy crazy horse power, i think it's sensible to go for the absolute best rather than messing around at that 'fast road' stage which is in fairness plenty for most with moddest power outputs.