Side indicator bulb and wiring missing!! 99 S3

Jimmythecat82

Reaction score
Hi people,

Purchased my Cactus Green S3 two weeks ago!!!

Loving the S3 life, but had the bulb error flash this morning, checked all me lights and noticed the passenger side indicator wasn't working.

After further inspection the cover popped out with a load of ancient rubber bands holding it in, and typically no sign of the bulb unit etc.

What's the best and cheapest way to get this sorted? I assume someones had issues with the unit before so bodged it back into the panel when the clip has snapped off. Obviously i can grab a cheap cover to replace that, but how do i go about finding the wiring and bulb unit inside the bodywork!!?

Cheers

J

Presuming the wiring and bulb holder has fallen down back of wing.

Would suggest making a long hook out of metal rod/hanger and do a bit of 'hook a duck' through the cover slot for the wiring.
If not undo the wheel arch liner and find it that way.

Yeah i reckon so, if i can't get it like that (assuming there's a chance its not there or could have been missing a good while judging by the ancient lacky bands) is it easy to get the liner off?

J

Haven't personally done it myself on my S3 but have done on other cars.....

Usually a few screws either posi drive or star shaped screws to undo arch liner. Easy job to do. Might be worth whipping wheel off aswell to make it easier for liner to come off. If not just loosen arch liner and place your hand down back of it to feel wiring.

Nice 1 cheers,

I'll nip out at lunch and shine the flash light in to see if i can spot it and then start my metal hanger construction :)