Egt sensor relocating opinion?

darren t

Reaction score
Hi I'm having trouble sourcing a genuine k04 hotside with egt hole 023 version too be specific I can get hold of an022 hotside but that means relocating my egt too either exshaust down pipe or turbo charge air pipe? As I've just ordered my v3 manifold should be hear tmorrow any thoughts my hotside is xxxx Chinese job!!

Hi I'm having trouble sourcing a genuine k04 hotside with egt hole 023 version too be specific I can get hold of an022 hotside but that means relocating my egt too either exshaust down pipe or turbo charge air pipe? As I've just ordered my v3 manifold should be hear tmorrow any thoughts my hotside is xxxx Chinese job!!

Put it in the downpipe , up stream if the lambda. Then you need to get the threshold lowered for egt. Failing that just fit the -022 and get the egt deleted.

Put it in the downpipe , up stream if the lambda. Then you need to get the threshold lowered for egt. Failing that just fit the -022 and get the egt deleted.

It's rare that we disagree Dan, but in this case, I'd suggest Darren isn't going to follow through with either of your suggestions as they sound like effort.

I'd suggest he just gets the right part rather than attempting to bodge it.....

Last edited:
It's rare that we disagree Dan, but in this case, I'd suggest Darren isn't going to follow through with either of your suggestions as they sound like effort. He can't manage simple tasks like phoning to cancel an appointment, so the above isn't going to happen.

I'd suggest he just gets the right part rather than attempting to bodge it.....
fitst of I will weld into down pipe down pipe is off and ready just wanted the thumbs up as for the book in with bill I have apologised my car fuel pump packed up I'm fitting it today aswell as. My plug and play connectors have come along with an 07 plate fuel pump in tank from r32 so ill ring bill soon and pay deposit this time very sorry bill you would have had laughed at my Chinese booster!! Thanks beach buggy!!!

fitst of I will weld into down pipe down pipe is off and ready just wanted the thumbs up as for the book in with bill I have apologised my car fuel pump packed up I'm fitting it today aswell as. My plug and play connectors have come along with an 07 plate fuel pump in tank from r32 so ill ring bill soon and pay deposit this time very sorry bill you would have had laughed at my Chinese booster!! Thanks beach buggy!!!
prawn it's a simple weld mate not too big a job:gaehn: changing my sig aswell too Chinese stage 2 lol

prawn it's a simple weld mate not too big a job:gaehn: changing my sig aswell too Chinese stage 2 lol

Cool cool, as long as you have the EGT protection threshold lowered in the map all should be well, I believe it's expected to be around 100 degrees lower in the downpipe than the OE pre turbine location.

Cool cool, as long as you have the EGT protection threshold lowered in the map all should be well, I believe it's expected to be around 100 degrees lower in the downpipe than the OE pre turbine location.[/QUOTE. No worries ill have ago and see how I get on is there any tips for fitting v3 manifold does down pipe fit easily ?

I've tack welded sleeve already bill and ported hole out but I've had it side by side with genuine and the waste gate arm is smaller than original in length on the arm itself is welde incorrect position too open gate!! So I have got too either buy 1 bar actuator ie forge ect as I will not have enough travel and preload if you understand if I give actuator full travel I have 0.2/3 preload which is low too low just have no faith in it bill!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 68