Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Rice's S3

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    When are we meeting up for an Orangina?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Lovely s3 mate stunning in white , want one!
    2000 A3 1.8t sport AUM

18 BBS LM , coilovers , strut brace , poly bushed f/end , S3 front discs , S3 rear lights , wrapped roof , face lift front lights , Forge tip , cone filter & heat shield , forge 007 DV , DV relocation kit , n249 bypass , n112 removal, SAI removal , scorpion back box , ECS shallow sump , ECS single mass clutch conversion.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart35205 View Post
    Lovely s3 mate stunning in white , want one!
    Thanks mate !

1st Gear

Status
    Bit of an update...

Got a 3" downpipe and decat from Marty which ill be fitting in the next couple of weeks, then it'll be off to R tech for a stage 2 map....

Also bought some LCR brembos, need the lacquer scrapping off and re lacquering, but that's pretty standard for brembos I think, should look awesome when they're done : D! Will be getting them sometime next week .

(Pic matey took when taking them off)

Popped in HEL earlier and got a set of braided lines to compliment the brembos . Bargain at £55 for the set!!

1st Gear

Status
    Just realised i think ive got the wrong front hoses lol. Ones to fit brembos are female to female arent they ? DOH

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    Just realised i think ive got the wrong front hoses lol. Ones to fit brembos are female to female arent they ? DOH
    YOu need to buy adapters I think.
    A4 B5 Double Din, RNS-d, TMC, Full Sports Leather Heated with Leather Door Cards and Lower Door trims all for sale.

Audrey's Build Thread
    RIP Audrey. She's being broken down.
    New Car, New Thread.
    Scott's Akoya Silver A8

1st Gear

Status
    Ill probably end up going back to HEL and get them to make me some different ones up, they made these ones while i was there so i dont see why not

2nd Gear

Status
    Just wondering what size discs are you going to fit?

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

323's, as LCR Brembos are...

Then never do them.

6th Gear

Status
    Bit of an update...

Got a 3" downpipe and decat from Marty which ill be fitting in the next couple of weeks, then it'll be off to R tech for a stage 2 map....

Also bought some LCR brembos, need the lacquer scrapping off and re lacquering, but that's pretty standard for brembos I think, should look awesome when they're done : D! Will be getting them sometime next week .

(Pic matey took when taking them off)

Popped in HEL earlier and got a set of braided lines to compliment the brembos . Bargain at £55 for the set!!

That downpipe looks wicked!!

I bet the guy who sold it to you is a diamond geezer!!
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    323's, as LCR Brembos are...
    Cheers I was just wondering, as I am running 330's from an Alpha Brera with Porsche 4 ports.

Got to Rice your car does look extremely clean.

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    What lines have you bought there pal? Yeah female to female is what you want. I just bought Front lines for an LCR here's a pick of my lines just before fitting

2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

4th Gear

Status
    When I went to HEL to get mine made up I just asked for LCR one end and S3 the other! Fitted like a glove. And they are nice guys down there as well
    Badger 5 tuned 340 bhp / 350 lbft sleeper

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks everyone . Yeah just got standard fitting s3 ones, ill take them back and get them to make me some different ones up for the front, I'm sure they won't mind swapping them over, they're very helpful. And very cheap!

1st Gear

Status
    Oh and I'm just wondering guys, what's the best way of fitting them without all the brake fluid pissing out? As when I take callipers off normally I clamp the lines. I guess I could just try and do it quickly and get someone to top it up as it comes out.

1st Gear

Status
    Updates updates updates!

So got the Brembos, had a bit of lacquer peel as i expected, so removed the peeling lacquer and recoated them, heres a before and after of one of them....

Still not THAT happy with them, will send them off for a professional refurbishment come winter time i reckon.

I also gave the discs a few coats of vht satin black paint around the edge and in the centre, and thinnered off on the disc face.. I prefer it to silver i think as i did with the old discs.
    Fitted them yesterday, along with the braided lines all round, pedal feels much better i must say!!

Getting the downpipe and decat fitted this weekend, cba to do it myself, gotta drop the subframe, plus its my old mans 60th so ill not be in a fit state for the majority of the weekend. Then im off to R tech next thursday to get a Stage 2 map : D!!!!!

Also got my vent blank and Stack boost gauge in the post today, very excite to fit it !

5th Gear

Status
    Looks good rice.......I like it mate

Here's a pic of mine after I had blasted and painted them and glass blasted and painted the wheels on my old LCR

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    Nice! Is it just the photo or does the paint look a bit bright? Well, brighter than the brembo red... Wheels look good too, cant beat fresh refurbs !

5th Gear

Status
    Got the paint code from SEAT and then confirmed by my paint stockist who has a colour scanner...... Scanned new Renault Clio f1 200 his driver has brembo s off that, however you are right with the wheels they are the wrong silver compared to OEM but I liked brilliant silver more.....
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

The gauge and vent pod looks so good.

I'm glad I told you to get that gauge and vent pod, it looks SO much better than any of the alternatives. Chuffed for you bro

Brembos look rad too.

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    Glad you told me to get the vent pod? I dont think so jardo lol, wanted one since i got the car. Although the boost gauge was well recommended

1st Gear

Status
    Got my downpipe and decat fitted at the weekend, then shortly after picking it up I got my first boost hose blow off since owning it, except I had no tools on me to fix it, my old man came to the rescue as always lol. Caught some rays while waiting for him

Quick fix when I had some tools, not going anywhere without a screw driver now!

Fitted my boost gauge last night. Didn't fancy taking out the wiper mechanism like other people had done, thought there must be an easier way, so took out the glove box and there's a blanking grommet that goes to the scuttle behind it that's just to the left of the pollen filter, made a small hole, pushed it through, then drilled a hole in the scuttle for the vac pipe with a grommet in the hole. Comes out in just the right place.

s3dave and Adam P like this.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    how you liking the downpipe and decat?

i pretty much fitted my fmic and down pipe/decat in the same week, so when i drove the car for the first time i was blown away. The top end just felt so free, and could actually take the car to the redline as it would still be pulling.

1st Gear

Status
    It's very nice! Much more responsive, spools harder and quicker than before, I haven't noticed much at the top end I must say, but I haven't given it a good test drive yet. The map it's got on it lets it down at the top end I think, I've never hit the red line as it just stops pulling around 5.5/6k, that should change soon as im off to r tech on Thursday though for a stage 2 which is exciting , oh and the noise is awesome. I didn't notice much of a difference when I fitted my fmic to be honest.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    i look forward to the results of R-tech then!
    Really like your car btw, you've done a good job

1st Gear

Status
    Thank you mate .

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Very nice car!

4th Gear

Status
    This car is stunning.
    Personally i would paint the intercooler pipes the same as your grill.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunS3 View Post
    Very nice car!
    Thanks, really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by jezzy View Post
    This car is stunning.
    Personally i would paint the intercooler pipes the same as your grill.
    Cheers dude . I was very tempted to get them anodised, but I was too impatient and wanted to fit it lol! Could be something for the future, but I'm happy with how it looks at the moment, might have to get someone to photoshop me a photo to see what they would look like anodised black.

1st Gear

Status
    Went up to r tech on Thursday. Got there and they said its too low for the rollers, so I tried putting on some of his drag wheels, but they wouldn't fit past the brakes, managed to get it on in the end by putting a pair of wheels under it to lift the car enough and still get enough traction.
    Then he tried to map it and it died, because it had been CHIPPED! Load of ****. He also said it was running dangerously lean and surprised the engine hadn't melted :/. He got the ecu out and manage to unsolder the chip and stick the original back in place.
    Tried mapping it again but couldn't get enough full from the pump as it was on its last legs.
    Went in with a SHOCKING 229bhp (considering I had an RR print out for 260 from a previous owner :/!) left with 257, because of the fuel pump.

So he sent me away and said book it in again once i've put a new fuel pump in (he warned me not to thrash it til I did).

On the way back the clutch slipped, and since has done it a few times. So time for a new dmf and clutch.

Got a new LUK dual mass flywheel for £240 from euro car parts yesterday, which I thought was a complete steal! And a fuel pump for £144, which is over £100 less than TPS, for the same genuine vdo pump!! Mad. But fitted that today and what a difference it's made! Bit fiddley being wrist deep in fuel trying to disconnect everything lol. Got high on v power !

Just ordered a 5 paddle CG Motorsport clutch .

Also has a very minor crack in the exhaust manifold, so best replace that.

Old and new pump, quite clearly the same vdo pump as it is identical!!

5th Gear

Status
    Get in rice! Seany likes.........

post up after you've re-visited r tech , interested to see how you do.....?

Sean

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks . Yeah will do buddy!

Oh I have a question also.

Niki said I need to increase the size of the boost hoses/pipes where my map sensor is, which after looking is a hard pipe. Can I get a larger diameter one of these with the sensor plug on it??

1st Gear

Status
    Nice update Rice.
    Did you order the pump online? If so could you please post a link.

1st Gear

Status
    No I just went in store, and they have me a really good price as I was buying the flywheel as well. They had it in stock.

1st Gear

Status
    White S3s really do look hot. Love the look of your car dude!

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Wheres the fuel pump from mate?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

dbm
    2nd Gear

Status
    Very impressive job you've done on your S3 - makes me wistful for my own which has been gone about 6 years now.

I had mine extensively modified by Awesome GTi and it was an incredible car in the end - coil overs, thicker anti-roll bars, uprated pads, braded hoses, Stage 1 chip and water injection cooling system. It was easily as quick as the TTS I had later on.

Keep looking after that beauty!
    RS3 | TTS | A3 3.2Q | S3(8L)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvi-S3 View Post
    White S3s really do look hot. Love the look of your car dude!
    Thank you bud, really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Wheres the fuel pump from mate?
    Euro car parts, it was originally £180 odd, but he got it down to £141 in the end. Was very impressed with them!

Quote Originally Posted by dbm View Post
    Very impressive job you've done on your S3 - makes me wistful for my own which has been gone about 6 years now.

I had mine extensively modified by Awesome GTi and it was an incredible car in the end - coil overs, thicker anti-roll bars, uprated pads, braded hoses, Stage 1 chip and water injection cooling system. It was easily as quick as the TTS I had later on.

Keep looking after that beauty!
    Thanks very much ! That sounds good! That's the next thing I need to sort is the handling on mine, don't get me wrong it's really good round corners, but it definitely needs improving with the power increase. Fit a full set of power flex poly bushes next I think. Really need proper shocks, but for almost £500 for bilsteins a it'll have to wait!!

Have you got a thread up for your RS3? I'd love one of them!!! Bet it makes a lovely noise.

dbm
    2nd Gear

Status
    Have you got a thread up for your RS3? I'd love one of them!!! Bet it makes a lovely noise.
    It's an awesome car. For a look, this really is my car:
    TG on ice: Subaru WRX & Audi RS3 - BBC Top Gear

Though not me driving!
    RS3 | TTS | A3 3.2Q | S3(8L)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast