Smaller Wash bottles/universal VAG?

JoeD

Reaction score
I'm after a smaller wash bottle, as I recently had a FMIC fitted but had custom pipe work made for it. Due to the design, part of the piping obstructs the wash bottle so it was removed. Does anyone know of any options for wash bottle's? A smaller design rather than the bowl shape as standard.

Thanks!

I've never seen an FMIC setup that requires removal of the washer bottle! seems very odd to me.

...as you have an S3 you also have headlight washers... MOT changes this year would suggest that these need to work and the OE tank is setup with the two washer pumps needed for both the windscreen and the headlights....

Personally I would be trying to get the OE one back in and get the pipework made to fit... the S3 one is quite large at over 5 ltrs...

A quick search on eBay suggests that Mk4 chassis cars with headlight washers use the large 5.5ltr bottle... non headlight washer bottles are 3ltrs

<tuffty/>

No clue on Audi, but when I needed one on my 205, I ran a 309 rear washer bottle.

I know some older Toyota's have rear washer bottles too.
Maybe something to look into.

Failing that, a washer bottle can be anything. I've seen then made from cheapo alloy drinking bottles etc. Just need to drill the hole for pump.
This can the be mounted anywhere you like. Not ideal, but beats no washer bottle.

Re MOT, this will be a grey area I think. As we can't prove they are fitted. What if you retrofitted an S3 bumper to a non S3?
Same way we can't test self levelling setups.
It basically says if fitted, should work. But you may not be able to test etc.
So it's a loophole for after market kits, as wording is 'if fitted' not 'must be fitted'.
Will come down to the tester really.

I know it's a bit of an unorthodox, I'll get a picture up of it shortly. Nice one lads. The universal ones on ebay look like they should work, 1.4 ltrs seems more than enough.

Last edited:
All depends how much you use them, I have to have a clean screen.
But cars come in to work, and you can barely see, the driver must not care!

I took mine out too, but it doesnt rain very much this side of the world :tumble:

I wish I had that luxury Scullies! :laugh: Never used mine in all honesty, If the screen got too dirty, I washed the entire car. Hence why I'm looking for a smaller capacity.