a couple of very quick questions

cerbera4_0

Reaction score
Hi guys

Had to replace my thermostat today which i did with not too many problems. I found the dipstick holder already broken so i need to replace that. Do anywhere other than Audi supply the part?
Also, i noticed a hole at the top of the gearbox and i could clearly see the toothed wheel inside, im assuming this should have some sort of cover over it? There was no signs of any oil coming out, does any one know about this.

I also broke one of the brittle plastic breather pipes. the one that connects to the secondary air injection (i think). I have taped this back together for now but i couldnt see where the other end connect (lower part of engine). Again I'll have to get a new pipe and fit next week.

One more quick question, What is the black container next to the coolant reservoir for. it has pipes in and out the top but it sounded like it was ticking, i didnt go pulling things off as i wasnt sure what it was?

answer to your last questions is the charcoal filter; part of the fuel system - and it's supposed to tick :)

Dipstick holder is a dealer part and is a coupla quid.

dip stick from audi £3.51 plus vat, got one from flebay but that was poo.

mark