The flying Banana's back better then ever

Markb

Reaction score
As subject she's been gone for the best part of a month and I've had to put up with Public transport for the first time in 5 years (I won't be using it again either!), but I think the wait has been worth it. As the car is almost exactly how I wanted it. (Well it should be as I gave them a photoshop image showing them how I wanted it exactly!)

It's all about being subtle and smooth, and a lot of people wouldn't notice the changes unless you parked it against a standard A3, but that is the idea. Also it's not trying to be an S3 otherwise I would have brought one to start with!

Anyway here is a picture of the finished article. Have a look and see what you think.

markbfinishedexterior01.jpg

Mark

Looking good Mark, but 2 questions if I may...

Have you moved the fuel filler? I can't see it in that pic. Also how did you make the front bumper (lower and upper parts) look like one unit?

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
Looking good Mark, but 2 questions if I may...

Have you moved the fuel filler? I can't see it in that pic. Also how did you make the front bumper (lower and upper parts) look like one unit?

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry the fuel cap is an illusion I have actualy flipped the picture horizontaly.

The bumper has been plastic welded together and blended to make it look like one piece.

certainly looks smooth Mark. did it cost a lot? The bumper looks like it's been photoshopped - maybe it's to do with the flipped over version?

I thought u were going to go for a crazy colour! lol

Looking good mark! Personally i think now you've had the work done, the front end would look better with the 4 rings back in place. really like the skirts.

Rich

smooth, smart, tidy. A lot of effort and time well spent - well done.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

my own possible mods from here would be:

smoothed doorhandles
smaller, colour coded mirrors
a black four-rings badge on the grille
ronal turbo alloys - the smooth look neeeeeeds old skool rims.
Slam it.

can you 'shop em in for a taster?

actually, can you also try a set of OZ Turbo rims on there too plz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

smooth!

lurve the wheels.

overall, you must be well chuffed.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

V. nice Mark, looks great!

Have you changed the door handles to later style ones?

[ QUOTE ]
Looking good mark! Personally i think now you've had the work done, the front end would look better with the 4 rings back in place. really like the skirts.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to 'shop it and see, but I like the no ring effect.

Skirts were a nightmare to get how I wanted, but worth it IMO

[ QUOTE ]
smooth, smart, tidy. A lot of effort and time well spent - well done.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

my own possible mods from here would be:

smoothed doorhandles
smaller, colour coded mirrors
a black four-rings badge on the grille
ronal turbo alloys - the smooth look neeeeeeds old skool rims.
Slam it.

can you 'shop em in for a taster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you like

Sorry, but I am not going to start doing that in photoshop as the car is almost how I want it. So I am not going to change it.

Smoothed door handles are a no no as I don't want to run the risk of the solenoids packing up and not being able to get in. Also I think these are a good compremise as they are de-locked anyway.
Smaller mirrors might be on the way, but the price of them is putting me off at the mo.
Black badge would look odd IMO
Ronal Turbo's look good on the right car I.E MK1 Golf not an A3. These are the rims I love and will be staying.
Slamming will probably take place, but I do want it to be a little bit practical LOL

[ QUOTE ]
smooth!

lurve the wheels.

overall, you must be well chuffed.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am chuffed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have.

Can anyone point out all of the mods? (Will win a prize don't know what though!)

Hmm

Unsure on whether to do these, but I've got:

S3 spoiler sprayed up. Not sure whether it will ruin the lines?

Maybe some smaller mirrors?

Remove the rear wiper?

Lookin awesome Mark! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

I bet you're proud-as.

I think the difference to the profile without the bump-strips and side-repeaters is amazing!

Nice one fella /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can see what you're saying about the spoiler... It's a tough one; there are so many more sweeping curves evident on your motor now, perhaps the spoiler would add sharp angles where there are few /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif It's not like there are alternative spoilers that are both attractive and 'curvier' tho - the one I have is curvy; I'm just not sure it's too hot (took a risk and blind-bought after being told "oh yeah; it's as close to an S3 one as you'll get" (and no, the chap didn't know the story of me and my buddy Carsten!)). Maybe you could play POV-match photography now you've got the spoiler colour-matched and shop it on?

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
Lookin awesome Mark! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

I bet you're proud-as.

I think the difference to the profile without the bump-strips and side-repeaters is amazing!

Nice one fella /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can see what you're saying about the spoiler... It's a tough one; there are so many more sweeping curves evident on your motor now, perhaps the spoiler would add sharp angles where there are few /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif It's not like there are alternative spoilers that are both attractive and 'curvier' tho - the one I have is curvy; I'm just not sure it's too hot (took a risk and blind-bought after being told "oh yeah; it's as close to an S3 one as you'll get" (and no, the chap didn't know the story of me and my buddy Carsten!)). Maybe you could play POV-match photography now you've got the spoiler colour-matched and shop it on?

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'll have to have a look what the spoiler looks like on the car.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have.

Can anyone point out all of the mods? (Will win a prize don't know what though!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bad Mark, can't wait to see it proper on the 22nd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Mods I can see: Colour coded and smoothed out front bumper(I presume you photoshopped the plate out?), debadged grill, facelift single peice headlamps, smoothed front wings(no indicators), facelift door handles, removed rubbing strips, colour coded lower door trim, custom sideskirt, colour coded rear bumper, BBS CH wheels, lowered, colour coded brake calipers

Do I get a prize? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Superb car Mark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

So what's on the agenda, new tax disc holder? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Not bad Mark, can't wait to see it proper on the 22nd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Mods I can see: Colour coded and smoothed out front bumper(I presume you photoshopped the plate out?), debadged grill, facelift single peice headlamps, smoothed front wings(no indicators), facelift door handles, removed rubbing strips, colour coded lower door trim, custom sideskirt, colour coded rear bumper, BBS CH wheels, lowered, colour coded brake calipers

Do I get a prize? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a winner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif well almost you missed out that the mud flaps have gone walkies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif anyway your prize can be collected on the 22nd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

No the number plate hasn't been 'shopped out.

OK here is what's been done (For those who couldn't see):

Front

Facelift Audi A3 front bumper plastic welded together (was 2 pieces) with joining line and number plate recess smoothed out.
Facelift Audi A3 headlights with modified front wings to fit.

Side

Facelift door handles fitted (New plates welded in) plus de-locked.
Bumps strips removed and recesses plated and smoothed.
Side repeaters removed and holes plated and smoothed.
Lower door bump strips blended into body.
Caractere side skirts (ABS plastic) blended into body with rear vent hole filled and smoothed.
Mud flaps removed and holes spot welded.

Rear

Rear bumper plastic welded together (Was 2 pieces) and joining line smoothed out.

General

Dents and stone chips removed then fully re-sprayed in original rare Audi yellow.

[ QUOTE ]
Superb car Mark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

So what's on the agenda, new tax disc holder? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tax disc holder is a Chrome Audi one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hmm

Unsure on whether to do these, but I've got:

S3 spoiler sprayed up. Not sure whether it will ruin the lines?

Maybe some smaller mirrors?

Remove the rear wiper?

Window tints?

Then probably:

Coilovers
S3 leather or 2 Recaro seats and roll cage
Install
Engine

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite like some of what you've done, but surely removing these is a bit bonkers? or do you not like people seeing you indicating?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite like some of what you've done, but surely removing these is a bit bonkers? or do you not like people seeing you indicating?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif It's Yellow, if you can't see it, you must be blind! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

surely deleted side repeaters is an MOT fail?

I'm sure i've had this debate on CGTI when people had the craze of replacing them for wolfsburg badges... n the end people had to remove them and refit the repeaters for the MOT.

it is an MOT failure. you may have to put them in the mirrors etc.
Anyhow looks very nice.

[ QUOTE ]
Next mod: Chrome M3 mirrors with built in indicators /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't think so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure i've had this debate on CGTI when people had the craze of replacing them for wolfsburg badges... n the end people had to remove them and refit the repeaters for the MOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I've got extended wires from the side repeaters under my bonnet that I will stick to the side of the car for an MOT.

[ QUOTE ]
looks well mark, thats y i aint seen you about for ages then

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's why I've not been out.

Glad you like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I've got extended wires from the side repeaters under my bonnet that I will stick to the side of the car for an MOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where there's a will, there's a way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where there's a will, there's a way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet lookin ride Mark, Love the smoothed out side bumpers (always wanted to get that done) Excellent job and just keep doin your thing LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers.

I like doing things my own way and I've got other things planned so watch this space /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yes it does look very nice and sleek but you are driving illegally without any side repeaters. They have been a legal requirement for the last 20yrs for a reason!
Why should you be exempt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a thought, but what the hell have you actually declaired to your insurance company out of those mods? I guess it's void anyway because it would fail an MOT, just wondering though, guess the wheels but what about the body work?

You could use the LED stipr repeaters just on the inside front of the front wheel arch. That way your indication will be visible, and it wont ruin the clean lines.

RIch