Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: No boost

Reverse Gear

Status

No boost

Hi guys and gals I have a problem with my a3 1.8t agu. One of my questions have been answered on a previously started thread basically I have a error code for my throttle bodies. The garage didn't understand what was wrong. But someone told me how to I it wich in thinkin if doing my self but in just concerned as I have a boost gauge fitted and it was reading no boost the car was super sluggish and i had noticed there's a bit of blue smoke coming from my straight through pipe it has a jap speed down pipe and is 2.5 inches all the way back. It's straight through pipe. Blue smoke also comes from the back of the engine where the turbo is bit when a garage looked at it they couldn't see exactly where it was comin from if anyone has any idea please let me know ASAP I will be forever grateful

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Oh and I'm really sorry if this has been answered some where else on the forum .-(

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    Sounds like a oil leak and / or it's burning oil. Possibly turbo oil seals? Have you looked for split pipes? Has the oil level dropped?
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

Reverse Gear

Status
    The oil level hasn't changed much no more than usual i topped it up before Xmas and havnt touched it since. I just don't understand why it's not boosting. Also it is over fueling like mad shoots some awesome flames lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    As for pipes it had a few when I bought it but I've replaced those with silicon

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    In that case it wants checking for fault codes mate.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have and only thing that comes up is the throttle bodies weird thanks for you advice so far mate :-)

5th Gear

Status
    Sounds like it needs Throttle Body adaption, and if there is smoke coming from behind Turbo then you have a split pipe.

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    Do you have full vag com / VCDS? Like said above, a throttle body alight meant would be worth a go. Also then log actual boost vs requested. Any different with the N75 disconnected?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I don't have full vag com mate. What is throttle body adaption?. Also I know this is proberly a impossible question to answer but would there be a specific hose that could be split also to add to the confusion the smoke that cones out the back of turbo only does it now and then

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just put standard air box on smoking alot less and no smoke from back of turbo. I've taken the n75 off still only boosting 0.2 bar it use to boost 0.4 to 0.5 bar