No boost

cheese1379

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals I have a problem with my a3 1.8t agu. One of my questions have been answered on a previously started thread basically I have a error code for my throttle bodies. The garage didn't understand what was wrong. But someone told me how to I it wich in thinkin if doing my self but in just concerned as I have a boost gauge fitted and it was reading no boost the car was super sluggish and i had noticed there's a bit of blue smoke coming from my straight through pipe it has a jap speed down pipe and is 2.5 inches all the way back. It's straight through pipe. Blue smoke also comes from the back of the engine where the turbo is bit when a garage looked at it they couldn't see exactly where it was comin from if anyone has any idea please let me know ASAP I will be forever grateful

Oh and I'm really sorry if this has been answered some where else on the forum .-(

Sounds like a oil leak and / or it's burning oil. Possibly turbo oil seals? Have you looked for split pipes? Has the oil level dropped?

The oil level hasn't changed much no more than usual i topped it up before Xmas and havnt touched it since. I just don't understand why it's not boosting. Also it is over fueling like mad shoots some awesome flames lol

As for pipes it had a few when I bought it but I've replaced those with silicon

I have and only thing that comes up is the throttle bodies weird thanks for you advice so far mate :)

Sounds like it needs Throttle Body adaption, and if there is smoke coming from behind Turbo then you have a split pipe.

Do you have full vag com / VCDS? Like said above, a throttle body alight meant would be worth a go. Also then log actual boost vs requested. Any different with the N75 disconnected?

I don't have full vag com mate. What is throttle body adaption?. Also I know this is proberly a impossible question to answer but would there be a specific hose that could be split also to add to the confusion the smoke that cones out the back of turbo only does it now and then

Just put standard air box on smoking alot less and no smoke from back of turbo. I've taken the n75 off still only boosting 0.2 bar it use to boost 0.4 to 0.5 bar