WMI Help needed. Lots of it please!

Guys, why don't u use original window washer tank to do both things, wash windows and WMI:yes: And it has level sensor as well.
Dont have to fit special tank for WMI, just fill your window washer tank more often and thats it, even OEM look stays.

Won't the meth destroy the window rubbers etc.

And don't think screen wash would be great in the engine lol ;)

Guys, why don't u use original window washer tank to do both things, wash windows and WMI:yes: And it has level sensor as well.
Dont have to fit special tank for WMI, just fill your window washer tank more often and thats it, even OEM look stays.

One guy did do this (Welly) but the AEM kit that most of us bought comes with a tank and personally I'd rather keep the two things seperate.

Won't the meth destroy the window rubbers etc.

And don't think screen wash would be great in the engine lol ;)

Screen wash liquid is same as just any other mixed methanol and water :) U can even choose how strong mix u wanna use, they even sell those 50% meth washer liquids in almost every gas station.

Screen wash liquid is same as just any other mixed methanol and water :) U can even choose how strong mix u wanna use, they even sell those 50% meth washer liquids in almost every gas station.

Didn't know that. Thought screen wash was ethanol rather than meth.

Well been out and re soldered all of the wiring.
Also added a switch so I can isolate it if needed.

Now all I need to do is figure a way of testing accurately when it is activating. I have the controller set to where I believe it needs to be. But would like to test it does activate when I want it to

Any suggestions

Also what water do you guys mix with the meth? Is it diionised or distilled. Of just tap?

Well been out and re soldered all of the wiring.
Also added a switch so I can isolate it if needed.

Now all I need to do is figure a way of testing accurately when it is activating. I have the controller set to where I believe it needs to be. But would like to test it does activate when I want it to

Any suggestions

Also what water do you guys mix with the meth? Is it diionised or distilled. Of just tap?

I use the AEM kit on my car,running between 25-50% methanol.

Methanol I get from my local model aircraft and car shop,at around £9 for 4L,which is pretty reasonable.

I always use demineralised water.

Methanol I get from my local model aircraft and car shop,at around £9 for 4L,which is pretty reasonable.

Sorry but £9 for 4 litres is a rip off, i get 25 litres for £12 and i dont know them from adam!!
OHH also i am from Yorkshire, so have the best water in the uk... so straight in it goes....:beerchug:

Demineralised? Where do you get that from?

I have a source for the meth. So just got to get time to get it.

How do you safely store it?

Demineralized is deionized, much the same as distilled.

Absolutely.

I've found Halfords sometimes sells 4L packs really cheap and just buy a few then.

Got some de-ionised water from asda this morning. 75p for 2.5L on sale so grabbed a few.

Do you use any special container to store it in or just the 25L container it comes in?
Will store it in my shed as that sounds the most sensible lol

Got some de-ionised water from asda this morning. 75p for 2.5L on sale so grabbed a few.

Do you use any special container to store it in or just the 25L container it comes in?
Will store it in my shed as that sounds the most sensible lol
I either keep it in the house or garage.

Just not outside in winter!

Good price there.

Out of curiosity. Why not outside in winter.

Not got any yet or seen coshh label etc yet. But would of guessed it would be fine in cold just not hot areas.

Got Meth!

Got some meth dropped off last night so tank is now filled ready to test.

First real test will be on way home late tonight, but hopefully get a feel for it on way.

Do you have VCDS? Would be nice to see some IAT logging.

I found a pump and its on its way :)

Got Meth!

Got some meth dropped off last night so tank is now filled ready to test.

First real test will be on way home late tonight, but hopefully get a feel for it on way.

Have you fitted a solenoid to avoid syphoning? If not you want to keep an eye on it as im on my 3rd AEM nozzle as they are leaky cack!

Have you fitted a solenoid to avoid syphoning? If not you want to keep an eye on it as im on my 3rd AEM nozzle as they are leaky cack!

do you use a check valve Westy?

I have two check valves on. No solenoid. (Yet possibly)

I have an inline check valve and the one built into the nozzle.

Do you think a solenoid is still necessary?
Westy- how much was yours and where did you get it from.

Had it switched on for the journey to work. But traffic was awful so not had chance to feel if any difference yet.

Finish at 23:30 tho so should get to open up a bit on the journey home.

I have two check valves on. No solenoid. (Yet possibly)

I have an inline check valve and the one built into the nozzle.

Do you think a solenoid is still necessary?
Westy- how much was yours and where did you get it from.

You might be ok with an inline too. I was fonna get an inline but Bill said he'd used a Devils Own solenoid for years on his race car with no issues so I went for that. Don't think it was cheap, around £40 and something else to wire in. Just keep an eye on you level in the tank. Check it very frequently. If you suspect it's dropped a lot, don't start the car! Pop the FMIC hose off by the nozzle and see if it's full of water/meth.

Been running two days with just water and seems fine.
Also checked all of it for leaks before and after fitting before switching it on.
Hopefully it's all good.

Will keep checking tho.

Leigh, use the check-valve from the first wmi kit you had if you still have it. Same as the one I had, never had any issue with it. just a simple design and more reliable than the AEM ones

That one wouldn't of worked. Aquarist uses a much smaller bore pipe work. 😒
Shame tho as good price