EM TuningVolks Autos
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JudderMan
  • 1 Post By JudderMan
  • 1 Post By SamDoby

Thread: And so it starts, and i was thinking of moving it on.

Reverse Gear

Status

And so it starts, and i was thinking of moving it on.

Well just got the alloys refurbished yest by Alloy Wheel Refurbishment | Refurbish Alloy Wheels | Refurbish Wheels | Alloywheel Repair | Refurbished Alloy Wheels in Cumbernauld, i did fancy new alloys but since i have pretty good thread on the current tyres the cost just didn't seem worth it. And i would clearly want to go bigger 18" or maybe 19"

So changed them from this.

photo 3.jpg
    to this
    IMG_0938.jpg

tempted to get dark wing mirrors as well, for the drivers side wing mirror electric mechanism is broke.

think i have opened a can of worms tho, for tempted to get upgraded suspension and lower it a bit... slippery slope eigh.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Looks good. I prefer anthracite/titanium on silver cars but I do like that. My neighbour has an S3 and has just vinyl-wrapped the roof and wing mirrors in really dark grey to match the wheels. Looks wicked.

Definitely a slippery slope. I've put a ban on buying stuff for mine until I've paid for my wedding. Turns out car things and wedding things aren't as important as each other
    plimpix likes this.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

Reverse Gear

Status
    I hear you JudderMan luckily i have done all that, but reason i have this is we are moving house was *suppose* to be a run around car..

I like the idea of wrapping the roof too, but only issue is i have bubbling on the rails so really should get all that fixed first. But then i think i should get a full respray but is it really worth it?

4th Gear

Status
    Good good, once this wedding is out of the way that car of mine won't know what's hit it

If the rest of the car is good then just mask off the rails and treat them/paint them, then wrap it. I guess it would trap air/moisture and make it worse if you wrapped it over the rust and you wouldn't know about it.
    plimpix likes this.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yea moving house in June and will have nice big garage i can get the car into so i have been tempted to just do exactly that, for there are a few spots to sort out. But don't want to baws it up... So watch this space :D

4th Gear

Status
    Nice one. Just watch lots of Wheeler Dealers/You Tube and take your time....says he that hasn't done any body work without screwing it up

Neutral

Status
    Nice change!! Was looking at getting my wheels redone at some point but like you say and well I know from my old car once you start changing things its hard to stop as you keep going "oh just this little bit" oh and maybe that....

Still I like the silver and black on it!!
    plimpix likes this.